Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2013 11:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro (64) No Longer Listed as a Product

As a long time Dell customer I decided to go with a Dell Venue 11 Pro (64GB) tablet that was available last night on their website for $499.00.  However, when I went to order it this morning the only Venue 11s Listed were the 128GB and up, starting at $799.00.  It took me quite a while to find out via a live chat on Dell's site that the model is sold out, but the representative couldn't give me an estimate at to when it might be available again.  I'm feeling skeptical that they were actually ever available.  The ship date when I looked at the site yesterday was Dec. 30th but now there's not even a listing of the product.  It seems like a strange business practice not to list the product at all, even if it's out of stock at the moment.

1 Message

December 11th, 2013 15:00

Well - I was a long time customer of Dell and unfortuntely as this is the second Christmas order I have had customer service nightmares with, I do not think I will be returning as a customer.  

I too ordered this tablet however I ordered it on 12/1, at the time the estimated delivery date was 12/12.  Last night I called to get a status as online it stated the New Ship Date is 1/9/2014 estimated delivery of 1/15.  or course AFTER Christmas as this was the gift for my daughter.  While pointing out last night that the order site still had the tablet listed for sale with a delivery date of 12/18.  The support person stated that she could cancel my order and and replace it with a 12/18 date.  However after waiting patiently for 20 minutes (part of  a 90 minute total call time), I was fed a line that the were having system issues and she was unable to reorder the device.   I was told to call customer support.  

I do that today and am told they are awaiting parts for this order.  Given all the horror stories I have read I am starting to believe that Dell basically intentionally offered a device that it had no capability to fulfill in the stated time.  I for one have zero confidence that they will meet their next estimated delivery date becasue they have no credibility. here is the tread of my conversation last night, with numberous instances of having to point out inaccuracies in the statements of the rep and website.

11:20:27 PM     System Connected with Maureen F
11:20:36 PM     Maureen F Welcome, my name is Maureen. I can be reached at us_dhs_chat_reply_2@dell.com. How may I help you?
11:20:50 PM     Jamie I was trying to connect to get a status of an order. when I attempted to choose order status from online help it kept failing
11:22:40 PM     Maureen F Hello Jamie. Sorry to hear that. Do you have the order number with you for us to verify it from my end?
11:22:47 PM     Jamie xxxxxxxxxx I placed the order on 12/1. Jamie inquireing about the Tablet Venue 11 Pro
11:24:21 PM     Maureen F Okay. let us check it. Can you please help me verify your complete name, address and phone number please to make sure I got the right profile here?
11:26:07 PM     Jamie When i placed the order originally (during the order process) it gave an estimated Ships Date of 12/12/2013. now when i check the order status it gives a estimated delivery date of 1/15/2014. Jamie this was intended to be a "Santa" gift for Christmas morning.
11:27:39 PM     Maureen F Wow, sweet. As I can see here your order is in production, and the estimated delivery date will be on or before 12/20/2013, so you don't have to worry as it will come even before Christmas.
11:28:55 PM     Jamie It says the Screen saver estimate delivery date is 12/20. Jamie it says the tablet estimate delivery date is 1/15
11:29:34 PM     Maureen F Oh, let me just double check it here.
11:30:25 PM     Jamie Tablet Venue 11 Pro (Atom - Midland) Status: In Production Estimated Delivery Date: 1/15/2014
11:30:34 PM     Maureen F Thanks for patiently waiting.
11:31:03 PM     Jamie No Problem
11:32:38 PM     Maureen F Oh yes, my apologies Jamie. Upon checking here your order will be delivered on or before 01/15/2014, and the estimated ship date will be on or before 01/09/2014. I'm afraid we cannot expedite the shipping date since we do build and test systems before we ship it out from our depot.
11:34:39 PM     Jamie ok - I am looking at the Dell site right now and the same tablet that I ordered on 12/1 and at the time listed a 12/12 estimated shipping date now says estimated shipping date of 12/18 yet the tablet I ordered at 12/1 has an estimated shipping date of 1/9, New Dell Venue 11 Pro (64GB) $499.99.
The Dell Venue 11 Pro delivers true productivity for the tablet era. With an Intel® Atom™ processor (quad core), Windows 8.1 and 2GB RAM, you can power through work or play on this 10.8" Full HD tablet.
Dell Venue 11 Pro price Includes $214.28 instant discount
Get free 2nd business day shipping and 5% back* with Dell Advantage Loyalty Program
Market Value1$714.27Total Savings$214.28Dell Price$499.99 as low as $20 / mo* | Apply Estimated Ship Date: 12/18/2013
11:39:27 PM     Jamie Why does the Dell website say that the same device I order today will ship in 8 days while the device i ordered 10 days ago will ship in 30 days? or does the website mislead customers to get them to place an order and change the ship date estimate post order? I am not intentionally trying to be short with you but this is the second time I have been mislead on order fulfillment.
11:41:49 PM     Maureen F oh I see. I also saw it online. As much as I would like to get you the information/ explanation you need, however as much as I would want to, I don't have the exact information here, you can try to communicate with customer care department for the exact details. But what I am sure from my end, is if you order today the same tablet we can get an estimated delivery date on or before 12-18 and I can apply a free 2nd business day delivery for your purchase.
11:42:13 PM     Jamie Can I cancel the other order?
11:44:49 PM     Maureen F I understand. I know how you feel. As of this current status of your order, we can cancel it today, however, if we are going to re order it, the price will be different.
11:45:47 PM     Jamie this is ridiculous. what is the number for customer care and are they open now?
11:46:09 PM     Maureen F . Kindly refer to this link to check their online support page:content.dell.com/.../order-support.aspx You may also reach them at  1-800-6249897. You can reach them from 8AM CST on weekdays and 10AM CST on weekends. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience Jamie.
11:49:08 PM     Jamie the price should only be different because I applied a gift card to the other order.
11:53:34 PM     Maureen F I see. As I can see here you got the tablet for $160.97 right? And you applied a gift card as partial payment?
11:53:52 PM     Jamie That is correct
11:55:39 PM     Maureen F And we can only get the same tablet for $499.99 today Jamie.
11:56:12 PM     Jamie So if I cancel my order I cant reapply the gift card to the new order. thats what you are saying correct
11:59:55 PM     Maureen F Oh yes Jamie. Shall we cancel now the tablet for you?
12:00:56 AM     Jamie You can reappy the gift card to the new order?
12:01:35 AM     Maureen F Yes and we can have your credit card for the remaining balance'. Shall we proceed?
12:03:17 AM     Jamie If you can assure me that the tablet will ship by the 18th and would have by 12/25 with the same configuration as the previously attempted order than yes
12:04:05 AM     Maureen F Okay, just a minted here. let me just cancel your previous order. working on it
12:14:53 AM     Jamie ok thx for the update
12:17:36 AM     Maureen F Thanks for patiently waiting.
12:21:47 AM     Maureen F My apologies Jamie, since we are having systems update from my end, and it will not allow me to checkout with the $499.99 Venue 11 pro. I did not cancel yet your previous order unless we make sure that we can check out the tablet. here's the thing, you can try to checkout online before we cancel your previous order, but I'm afraid having that option to order it online, we cannot use the gift card, and you can only get the gift card back after 3 days.

December 15th, 2013 15:00

I'm facing the same issues. I was promised a 18th december delivery or before. As soon as I paid it then showed in my Dell as delivery date of 2/11/2014 !!! Thsi is the i5 4300Y with 8GB ram 256GB config. I'm horrified and feel i was lied too. Too top it all off Dell will not update me on the status and just keep me in the dark.

1 Message

December 16th, 2013 09:00

I am having the same issue. I ordered on Nov. 1st with a delivery date of 12/12. I have been told 4 stories now in the last 2 days. Still no one can tell me when I will get it. It is also a Christmas gift and I would have never ordered it if it wasn't going to be here on 12/12. I love the stories they are telling me too. Seems like no one at Dell has a clue what is going on there. The first guy offered me a $50 coupon for my troubles, the last girl said I shouldnt do this and we dont usually but I can offer you $30 coupon. Really I already have a $50 offer in writing. Oh sir they can give you $50. All I want is the computer so my daughter has it under the tree as I planned 7 weeks ago.

No Events found!