Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2015 19:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 - won't turn on

Dear Dell support,

I have bought a used 7140 tablet, and it worked for a few hours. Then I put it to sleep and it did not come back. Now when I try to power it on it will vibrate and that's all - screen does not turn on, nothing. If I touch Windows logo the tablet vibrates. It also gets hot in this state.

If I try to boot into BIOS (volume+ and power buttons) - I can see that power LED starts blinking in RED color 4 times, then pauses, then 4 times again, etc.

If I hold volume- + power I get into screen test which works fine.

I tried disconnecting the battery but this did not change anything, I also tried taking out SSD but again no difference. I have not yet tried to disconnect the small round battery (because the connector is so small).

Do I have a brick? Is there any chance to recover the unit? I know it is used but I still payed quite a lot for it and it even worked for an hour or two...

828 Posts

June 11th, 2015 12:00

Since you've already removed the rear cover, try disconnecting the main battery and the CMOS battery (small round battery).   This will reset the device and should allow it to power back on once you have sufficient battery charge.

5 Posts

June 11th, 2015 13:00

Hey Brian,

Yeah, it the end that's what I did, and it must have resolved the issue. I was able to boot back into Windows. Wanted to give an update here but forums were dead for a few days. Tablet still freezes up from time to time. Tried disabling Conected Standby and using normal Sleep but looks like device does not support it - will crash every time, so I turned Connected Standby back on. Wanted to update BIOS but looks lite all BIOS updates for Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 have been withdrawn from your support site - I wonder it's because you got a quite number of call with brick cases after A05...

Anyway, the original issue is resolved, thanks.

1 Message

October 5th, 2018 09:00

Dear Dell support,

Bought mine, used 2 years ago. Was working fine until a Bios update this morning. Now won't turn on at all, no vibration nothing, just the side led blinking orange.

The last message of the Bios update was saying successfull, and rebooting, but it never rebooted.

Please help

5 Posts

November 3rd, 2021 02:00

Well, sad to say that I have been a fan of Dell for years and still have NO issues with my desktops (plural). However, my Venue Pro 7140 (2 of them) is another story entirely. A thoroughly bad product. Fails on so many levels (motherboard, battery, keyboard/2nd battery connection); expensive to fix; and that's just for starters. My family will; NEVER buy another Dell tablet, notepad or whatever. Once out of warranty there is NO support without paying exorbitant fees and, so far, still no solution to 7140s that will NOT turn on.

No Events found!