Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 3rd, 2014 14:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro - Bluetooth Microphone

Hi all,

Ran into another small issue with my Dell Venue 11 Pro.  Instead of congesting the other posts involving freezing, battery drain, etc, I thought it best to start another.  Honestly, this may be a Windows 8 (8.1) issue and not the tablet. 

I have an XPS 13 (running Windows 7) that I use for Microsoft Lync calls.  My intention is to change completely to the Venue 11 as my primary device, including Lync calls.  Problem is that both of my bluetooth devices only connect to the Venue as headphones (no mic).  I have both the Motorola S9 headset and the Plantronics PLT Legend.  Both connect and use the microphone on my XPS 13 and Samsung S4.  Just nothing popping up on the Dell Venue.  Anyone else tried a bluetooth mic on the Venue 11?

Thx!

June 10th, 2014 08:00

I went to the driver download page and downloaded all of the updates. I think when I sent my tablet back to the factory, they didn't flash the latest BIOS. After I re-flashed with the latest BIOS and installed the wireless drivers, Intel chipset drivers, the Realtek drivers and the latest USB and video drivers, the tablet is working better than ever. Next, we just need to get the hands-free audio workable and I've got a super-tablet!

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 16:00

Same basic problem here. I have a noisehush BT headset. Works fine with Skype on my Venue 8 Pro, but not on my Venue 11 Pro (5130). On the V11P it always disconnects a call and says there is a microphone problem.

February 6th, 2014 19:00

Same here, this time with a Jabra MOTION BT headset - only microphone available is the built-in one on the Venue, which works, but shouting at my PC is not a good look.

Windows drivers and the Jabra firmware are up to date, have tried disabling the onboard and re-installing the Jabra, same result - it only appears as a playback device, not a recording one.

If anyone knows the answer, would love to hear about it.

February 6th, 2014 21:00

Glad to hear that others running into the issue as well (although I feel bad that there is no fix, yet).  Recently, I have wondered if this is related at all to the bluetooth/wifi interference issue.  If I try to use a bluetooth mouse with the Wifi, I get lower performance out of both.  I have been working too long of hours to get dell support on the phone to discuss, but these ancillary issues are become a overwhelming annoyance.  I get really aggreivated when I know a $10 phone can accomplish things that my $1K tablet/laptop is hiccuping on.  

Anyway, the reason I started this was to indicate that the worse thing is that when I use Microsoft Lync to communicate, many times, using the onboard mic is not possible because the processor cooling fan turns on and the person I am talking to indicates that I sound like I am vacuuming the floor.  I now travel with corded headset just because of this device (a device I bought to simplified my devices).

Here is the link to the bluetooth/wifi thread if you would like to view.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/3824/t/19541403.aspx

Cheers.

5 Posts

March 10th, 2014 09:00

Is there a resolution to this issue?  I have the Plantronic BackBeat Go 2 bluetooth headset/mic and the mic also is not recognized, similar to everyone else it sounds like.  I have not yet called Dell, and this headset works fine on my Dell Inspiron 7000.

March 10th, 2014 15:00

I have an open call with support, I think it is definitely the 1537 chipset, has been escalated within Dell, there will likely be a driver patch at some point but ETA TBA.

In the meantime we're disabling the on-board Bluetooth adapter and using a USB BT dongle (one that came with the Jabra's) works just fine.

I note also Dell are now selling the Jabra Supreme as a listed accessory for the Venue Pro, will get this tested at some point soon, and will post when i hear back from support but might be weeks/months before the produce a driver version.

rgrds

Justin

April 24th, 2014 15:00

My Photive Bluetooth headset pairs nicely with my Venue 11 Pro tablet, however, the microphone does not work. The earphones work fine, however, when I go to look for the microphone in the “recording devices” in Sounds property page, the X6BT is only listed in the “Playback” tab and not in the “Recording” tab. It pretty much looks like the Bluetooth microphone is not being activated in the discovery process. Almost like what happens when there's a problem with the device capabilities string from the device doesn't match, so initially, I thought it was the headset. Then, I noticed that if you go in through the control panel and try to "add device", it shows up as a "headset". Then, after pairing completes, it turns into a "headphone". I'm no wizard at this but I have to wonder if it initially negotiates correctly as a headset, then, for some software reason drops down to a headphone. I need to be able to answer Skype and Lync calls on my tablet. I checked with the Photive vendor and they're saying this is a Dell issue. Based on what I'm seeing, I tend to agree that this is a Dell issue. When will Dell respond?

8 Posts

May 24th, 2014 10:00

The problem I experience with the Jabra Play is the same. My Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 recognized the headphone but not the mic.

I installed the newest USB drivers and tried once again but the result remained the same.

8 Posts

sorry, of course not USB drivers but Bluetooth drivers...

I opened a ticket with Dell support and they had me do these 2 things: 1. Reset to factory default - This did not fix the problem. 2. Send the tablet back to depot for a new motherboard - This did not fix the problem. I still believe this is a software issue with the Bluetooth drivers. In the mean time, I have tried 2 other Bluetooth headsets. The microphone did not not work with the Venue 11 Pro tablet. Ear phones work fine, microphone does not show up in Recording Devices.

May 30th, 2014 10:00

The Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet doesn't recognize the DBtech bluetooth headset microphone.  It recognizes the DBTech as earphones only.  The microphone does not show up in the recording devices tab of the sounds property page.  

May 30th, 2014 10:00

Logitech Wireless headset has the same problem.  The bluetooth drivers don't recognize the microphone and it doesn't show up on the "Recording Devices" tab in the "Sounds" property page.  

June 4th, 2014 18:00

Hi all,   have had an open call with Dell support and they have advised there is a new version of the Realtek audio drivers which resolves the issue -

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=G77CY&fileId=3372773174&osCode=WB64A&productCode=dell-venue-11i-pro&languageCode=EN&categoryId=AU

We installed on 3 units, and our Jabra Motion's now detect as both headset and microphone, and we've had long calls on Microsoft Lync without issue. 

We've less quality on Citrix Gotomeeting, but that's still being investigated.

rgrds

Justin

828 Posts

June 6th, 2014 03:00

I used a Bluetooth headset early on but haven't tried in a while.   Let me look into this.

828 Posts

June 6th, 2014 04:00

Can you please download the newer 1537 WWAN/BT driver to your desktop, then uninstall the existing driver and upgrade to the new one and let me know if this resolves the problem?   Think it will.   Note that if you have the vPro unit with the Intel 7260, this obviously won't apply.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=21CDM&fileId=3364474227&osCode=WB64A&productCode=dell-venue-11i-pro&languageCode=EN&categoryId=NI

No Events found!