Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2016 00:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro - USB Port damaged by charger over time.. Any help from Dell available?

Hi,

I've had a Dell 8 Venue Pro for nearly 2 years. Unfortunately (as discussed in other posts), it was shipped with a different charging connector to the socket - micro USB-AB type port (square one) and standard micro usb (trapezoid) charger.

Over time it has led to what might be damage on one of the pins and now it will not charge at all.

Is there any support available to repair/replace?

Unfortunately the service tag label has come off and I can't boot the device to get it from the screen either.

Thanks

Paul

915 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 10:00

Fret not!  There are various repair services thru eBay.com which can fix this for you, replacing the port, starting at around $30.  Try a search there on "Dell Venue 8 Pro repair". 

Personally, I've always liked the MYdeviceRepair listing (although I haven't used the service), which also will, if you like, use a trapezoidal port for the repair/replacement, to avoid future issue.  It also says that it generally is a 1-day service (apart from the mailing to and fro).   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-USB-Port-repair-for-DELL-Venue-Pro-8-Tablet-dell-repair-/321758161917?hash=item4aea47ebfd:g:fwIAAOSw7NNUC~Tp

5 Posts

March 4th, 2016 21:00

I have the same problem.  i have a Dell Venue 8 and the charging port is failing for the SECOND time.  i sent it back several months ago and not only can i no longer charge it but the receiving end is actually falling out of the tablet.  Terrible quality. i don't intend to get it repaired again.

915 Posts

March 5th, 2016 16:00

I have the same problem.  i have a Dell Venue 8 and the charging port is failing for the SECOND time.  i sent it back several months ago and not only can i no longer charge it but the receiving end is actually falling out of the tablet.  Terrible quality. i don't intend to get it repaired again.

Personally and if it was me, and if I was tired of dealing with Dell Tech. Support, I'd contact MYdeviceRepair at eBay and consider the $30 repair.  But hey, if you're done with the tablet, feel free to send it to me, and I'll look into getting it repaired.    :emotion-5:

No Events found!