Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 16th, 2013 05:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro WiFi Issue

it seems either way I disable the Wi Fi by the 'switch' itself or 'Airplane' mode it is a pain to get it on and have to manually 'disable the entire WiFi and then enable it joggin the WiFi off and on til it seems to catch on I am trying to turn it back on. I am only trying to turn it off to save battery right now but is this normal? Will a fix be forth coming because i'ts a pain right now.

12 Posts

June 24th, 2014 23:00

Fiatman have u tried wireless N router at 150mb or single channel vs 300mb dual channel ? I noticed my timeouts seemed to be resolved if my router was not operating in dual band mode...

17 Posts

June 25th, 2014 14:00

Just to add a comment, I was not having wifi issues but I did have the "I am not waking after pressing the button" problem. This has been increasingly annoying (frequency of this was rising) and has led me to reinstall windows from scratch.

I have updated everything from windows update except the 2 famous updates. And that has brought me to WIFI issues and to SLEEP issues, disastrous. I've installed (later) all dell drivers that hadn't been updated by the dell program, and hasn't changed anything.

Honestly, what can I do? That's completely unacceptable, but that's what it is. The only thing I can conclude is that Dell has serious economical problems if they cannot manage to have a tablet that works okay, software wise.

Conclusion, I will substitute that for the Surface mini or for any other tablet, but way too early of what I wanted. That's the main reason I will never buy anything else from Dell. They must be facing bad perspectives, otherwise I cannot understand how they can be so unprofessional.

12 Posts

June 26th, 2014 23:00

New wireless driver is out A03...has some fixes apparently. Testing now... http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/dell-venue-8-pro/drivers

1 Message

July 28th, 2014 19:00

A quick way that I found to get the WiFi working again, is to go to:

1. Open Control Panel
  2. Select Network and Internet
  3. View Network Status and tasks
  4. Change Adapter Settings
  5. Select and Disable Wi-Fi here
  6. Re-enable Wifi

Now you should be able to enable wifi connections on the panel you enable Airplane mode.

I will try to see if a driver update fixes this as well.

5 Posts

August 7th, 2014 22:00

Wife turned off wifi at PC club meeting tonight and could not turn it back on. We had the same problem previously and your fix was the same one used then. Seems like Dell has had enough time to fix the firmware or whatever is causing this. - MikeH

1 Message

August 16th, 2014 14:00

The Bios update solves a lot of problems.   Recently I couldn't get the weather or other apps to update. Run a full MRT scan.  Type mrt in the windows run box and let it run till done.

You might be surprised what it might find, or run Malwarebytes also. My tablet works great now!

August 18th, 2014 19:00

I have same issue...I should have known not to buy a Dell.

5 Posts

August 18th, 2014 19:00

I'll see about the BIOS update as a preventive medicine. My wife is very happy with her Dell tablet. If you find a computer company that doesn't have any software issues, let me know.

915 Posts

August 19th, 2014 05:00

^ +1.   :emotion-5:

August 19th, 2014 07:00

Does anyone at dell read these boards?

Software problem, okay, well what are you doing to do about it?

915 Posts

August 19th, 2014 12:00

Does anyone at dell read these boards?

Typically, little or no response.   :emotion-6:

August 20th, 2014 02:00

Open File Explorer,  then tap->  Open Control Panel. In the "Search Control Panel"  type: windows update. Then tap-> View Installed Updates

Uninstall updates:  KB2883200 & KB2887595 & KB2903939

Restart the Venue 8 Pro and it should work again. Hope this helps. 

August 20th, 2014 02:00

Open File Explorer,  then tap->  Open Control Panel. In the "Search Control Panel"  type: windows update. Then tap-> View Installed Updates

Uninstall updates:  KB2883200 & KB2887595 & KB2903939

Restart the Venue 8 Pro and it should work again. Hope this helps. 

5 Posts

August 20th, 2014 09:00

Sounds good, Danny. But what am I going to screw up by removing these updates?

August 21st, 2014 00:00

As of right now, my tablet is working like new. No errors or glitches so far. 

No Events found!