Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 13th, 2014 16:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro shut off and won't turn back on...

This is a brand new tablet (arrived 6 Mar 14) and just went through an update sequence. At first, I thought the tablet was rebooting as part of the update, but it has now been over an hour and I cannot turn it on. The tablet is hot to the touch, I removed it from the case that I had JUST put on (a Dell manufactured case). What can I do? 

123 Posts

March 15th, 2014 04:00

It is the same "bug"/issue I described here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/3824/t/19565817.aspx

Try to hold down power key for about 10 seconds, let go, if it doesnt turn on, try again a few times, if it doesnt turn on, hold it for 20 seconds. I dont know what is causing this, but I am running into it too.

After getting it working again, do a bios update to A05.

1 Message

March 15th, 2014 13:00

Same problem... the tablet was still on but black screen... let the battery die then charged it. Managed to do a restore to pre update and all is well

480 Posts

March 15th, 2014 13:00

That happened to me after some updates a while back.  I had a black screen, but I could tell it was still on, and I couldn't turn it off.  I think I held the power button down for about 30 seconds, and it started to reboot, either while holding it down, or when I release the button.

No Events found!