Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 26th, 2012 11:00

Dell Venue Pro Update to WP 7.8?

Will the Venue Pro be getting the update to the Windows Phone 7.8 release?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 23rd, 2013 23:00

The main trick is that your laptop should be connected to the Internet via slow connection (the less the better). In this case you have a time to disconnect wifi after 2 seconds when you click Update. If you use fast internet connection then it is very hard to catch the right moment to disconnect. Good luck!

September 8th, 2013 02:00

Hi,

I have Dell Venue pro with Windows 7.1  I wanted to update it to windows 8. How to do it?

When i see update in zune it shows your windows phone is up to date. No update available.

21 Posts

September 9th, 2013 16:00

This is impossible. You may only update to WP7.8

September 11th, 2013 01:00

How to do it?

When i see update in zune it shows your windows phone is up to date. No update available.

Please send me detail steps.

21 Posts

September 11th, 2013 05:00

You can look at the other post in the forum. The topic is well discussed.

1 Message

May 24th, 2014 19:00

I updated my DELL venue pro to 7.8 but now i cannot access to 'settings' or 'messages' and when I press one of these options the phone kick me back to the home screen.

I tried to hard-reset using the keys and zune but the error is still happening.

Also Zune finds an update and it try to install it but at the end it shows an error.

Is there any way to fix the error or rollback the update?

Thanks

21 Posts

May 24th, 2014 21:00

The kick back error may caused by the incomplete update. In order for Zune to update the phone probably, you need to connect your phone directly on the USB behind your computer. The phone will NOT update properly behind a USB hub. Fully update your phone, see the throw back problem resolve or not. Good Luck.

No Events found!