Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2011 13:00

Dell Venue Pro - is it truelly Locked Phone? Cannot use ATT SIM card. And Cannot Update to Mango

Hi,

I recently got the T-mobile version of Dell Venue Pro, and it was just unlocked by Dell Rep.  ( I have to called a few times before one of them can do it for me.  It really bad that Dell is marketing unlock and not providing the code easily.  Additionally, not informing the tech support rep to provide easy access to the unlock codes )

Anyway, it seems my phone is unlocked, or so it seems.  (note: currently I am in US)   However, when I put in a local Pre-paid ATT SIM in the phone, it shows invalid SIM card.   I know the 3G Data band for ATT and T-mobile is dfferent.  I only need the voice service to work.      It works when I put in a foregin country SIM card in the phone.    What is this?   can someone explain to me?   or it is Dell's problem?

Thanks

23 Posts

October 25th, 2011 16:00

anyone have experience it?  T-mobile model unlocked, but inserting ATT SIM card ?

2 Posts

October 27th, 2011 10:00

When you inserted the the foreign SIM card in the phone were you asked to enter the PIN/Unlock code?  Did you enter the code the rep gave you and was it accepted (it should take you back to the home screen).  The phone is fully compatible with and AT&T prepaid SIM so my suspicion is the SIM is not active instead of being rejected by the phone.

Make sure the phone has the latest software (updated via Zune) to ensure you get all the correct data settings as well.

November 12th, 2011 09:00

@Snuffle_misa: Were you able to use it with ATT? I am having the same issue. I purchased a new unlocked from DELL but ATT sim is not working. Please share how you got it working?

1 Message

November 23rd, 2011 07:00

Same here, have the invalid sim message, error 213 in the diagnostic screen.. with a properly unlocked (by Dell) device

November 23rd, 2011 10:00

My problem got resolved by getting the new AT&T sim. It looks this phone some how not recognizing old AT&T sims.

2 Posts

November 27th, 2011 13:00

Hi guys, i bought a dell venue pro from the states via ebay and i live in the uk, its locked to t mobile and i've been going to the ends of the earth to get it unlocked! how can i get dell to unlock it for me? it seems possible, it wouldnt make much sense if the manufacturer couldnt unlock their own phone! 

Thanks 

November 27th, 2011 14:00

Please send an email at UnlockCodeRequest@dell.com with your service tag and IMEI number.

Thanks,

Rahul

2 Posts

December 6th, 2011 23:00

Hi Jerry,

after loosing many days trying to unlock this phone, i resigned to send it back to the seller...

I have check with Dell support, but the reply the standard answer "please check on the support page of Dell Venue Pro"...I also check with the support of an unlock code seller, but no sucess.

Are you also with an European carrier?

Gael

1 Message

January 13th, 2012 11:00

YES it's possible!  I just got a t-mobile optimized DVP and called Dell Mobility tech support to get an unlock pin.  It took them three days, but they sent it to me.  I was then able to plug in my AT&T sim card and get up and running immediately.

Cool right?  There's a catch.  Because our tmobile DVPs are build with AWS data bands, they will NOT work on AT&T's 3G network.  Long story short, you can unlock it with a little patience and resilience via Dell Mobility support, but you will only get 2G (EDGE) data speeds. 

People have this same kind of problem unlocking iPhones for tmobile's network.  Even today you can unlock an iPhone 4S and put it on t-mobile's network, but you might as well be using an original iPhone because you'll only be getting 2G data speeds!!!

13 Posts

January 16th, 2012 02:00

i can unlock it ,in 10mins

2 Posts

November 27th, 2011 16:00

Okay I'll try that :) did this method work for anyone else?

Thanks

Patrick

2 Posts

December 1st, 2011 05:00

Hi,

i have the same trouble with a T-Mobile DVP buy on ebay.

I have the unlock code from Dell Support, but unable to introduce it in the phone. I have try with 4 differents SIM (from 2 Swiss carrier)

Is anyone a trick to correct that?

Best Regard's

Gaël

1 Message

December 6th, 2011 08:00

Gael,

I have the same problem. I have the code for ATT but do not have the procedure for how to unlock. I am trying through the Dell Tech support but no luck yet.

Please let me know if you get it. And I will let you know also.

Jerry

1 Message

February 23rd, 2012 19:00

i have three that i need unlocked

13 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 20:00

i can unlock it ,you can sent imei to me !my email < ADMIN NOTE : Email id removed per privacy policy >

No Events found!