Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2010 04:00

I can't tell you how much I wish I'd sent it back

I'm pretty frustrated with the whole Dell Streak update issue, it has poisoned me against Dell specifically and manufacturers generally who seem to think its acceptable to release sub-standard products just because they can be updated later, often at the users inconvenience.

I wanted a Streak as soon as I saw it but I wouldn't buy it with Android 1.6 because I specifically wanted Flash support. When I read that the Android 2.1 update had been released I ordered my streak from Dell. I didn't realise at the time that the 2.1 update was O2 specific and anyway by the time my Streak arrived  the 2.1 update had been withdrawn due to its bugs.

So again I'm pleased with the piece of hardware Dell has delivered but frustrated by their software, support & the information provided to customers. My phone (like others) freezes occasionally or I'll go to use it and it has turned itself off which means I can't rely on it as my business phone, I kept it hoping the promised update would fix these problems, but where is it?

After weeks of no information we're now told that 2.2 will start rolling out to 'unlocked' customers on 15 November, well that's me and 2 days later my Streak is still not updated. It really isn't good enough. The streak is probably my last Dell purchase and definately the last time I buy something relying on a future update to provide the product I want.

I can't tell you how much I wish I'd sent it back and bought the HTC Desire HD.

No Responses!
No Events found!