Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 28th, 2013 11:00

Latitude 10 won't wake up

Everything was working fine for a couple of days. I got office installed and a few games. Now I have noticed that the tablet won't wake up after it goes into sleep mode. I have to hold the power button until it powers off and then start it up again. I tried to do a system recovery but it fails saying that one of the files was locked to disable antivirus. I uninstalled my antivirus and it still won't restore. If I use the option to refresh my pc but save my documents, will it refresh with the dell drivers installed already?

45 Posts

March 1st, 2013 06:00

Yes, when you refresh your PC it will remove all of the applications and apps that were installed by you and install a fresh copy of the OS with all of the same drivers it had when you first received the machine.

(It is not like the old days of XP where you had to track down all of the drivers after you reinstall the OS.)

March 1st, 2013 06:00

On my original unit I had to pull the battery frequently before it would power on. I have not had to do this with the replacement so I will say its better. I'm hoping the remaining issues are addressable by BIOS or drivers.

45 Posts

March 4th, 2013 13:00

Update on my tablet: It is still working without issue since I unchecked "Connect automatically" for wifi. It has been a little over a week now, using the tablet every day, moving back and forth between the networks at home and work.

36 Posts

March 5th, 2013 07:00

Do you frequently go in and out of sleep when on battery?

By way of update, I haven't had a working unit for over a week now. Waiting to hear from the repair depot.

45 Posts

March 5th, 2013 08:00

"Do you frequently go in and out of sleep when on battery?": Yes. And, to clarify, once I am connected to a particular wifi network, the tablet remains connected to that network with no problems, coming in and out of sleep repeatedly. So, I only have to manually connect to the network the first time I get onto it, and am good to go until I leave that network for another network.

March 5th, 2013 13:00

I too have the same problems, our company bought 4 Latitude 10's, and all 4 exhibit same issues, everytime it goes to sleep, it's a crap shoot as to whether it's actually going to wake up or not, and if it does, chances are the touch screen isn't going to respond, however, if you have it in the dock with a keyboard and mouse, you can still log in, so it appears to be primarily a problem with the touch screen not responding.  Also, FYI, this is not a DELL specific problem, a friend of mine has a Samsung ATIV 500T that does the exact same thing.  The work around we have found is disabling sleep and just shutting down when you are done using the device each time, since cold bootup only takes around 45 seconds.  One other thing to note, we also have an older Acer W500 based on the AMD C-50 platform, that we upgraded to Win 8 and it does NOT have any of these problems, so I believe this to be an INTEL problem, so hopefully Intel is aware and will release new drivers to fix the problem.  Intel makes good hardware, but this is not the first time they have released bad drivers.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

March 5th, 2013 16:00

I wanted to thank all of you that have sent me private messages.  I will be reaching out to you shortly if I have not already.  If you have a Latitude 10 tablet are having either touch screen or hanging issues and have not messaged me please do so.

I appreciate the patience that all of you have shown.

Thank You

March 5th, 2013 18:00

Ironically enough, now that I've activated the cellular connection, the tablet seem to wake from sleep very quickly.  After plugging in a USB thumb drive it was a little slow, but after connecting and disconnecting the cellular again, it was back to the new normal.  

45 Posts

March 9th, 2013 15:00

Unfortunately, we are still waiting and hoping for a real fix for this. There are a few work-arounds that some have had some success with. Read through the threads for details, and give some of them a try if you like. For now, we wait.

18 Posts

What is the fix for this?

36 Posts

Mine was sent to the service depot and came back with a form that indicated the "dpk card" was replaced. The sleep and HID driver problem is now completely fixed.

Unfortunately, the built-in speakers quit. I wrote that on the form before sending it in, but it came back with the sound still dead. I asked for a replacement unit and I expect to receive it next week.

45 Posts

March 9th, 2013 16:00

What?!? I want some of that fix! (Not the speaker problem. But other.)

36 Posts

March 9th, 2013 16:00

This tablet is awesome when working. What other tablet can run any windows app, and go all day on battery? None that I know of!

18 Posts

March 9th, 2013 17:00

Tried some of the solutions do you know if any of them worked?

12 Posts

March 9th, 2013 18:00

Hi Terry,

i have the same problem with my 4 day old tablet. won't wake from sleep. Also my tablet will not connect to my work

network or tether with my phone. i spent 3 hours on phone with India support. They want to replace the board. Why can't they just send

me a new tablet?

Thanks,

Richard

No Events found!