Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2011 17:00

My Streak experience

I purchased my Streak 12/2/2010 at Best buy and immediately started having issues. Security screen would not respond, email icon when no new emails were there, front facing camera would work, screen locks up ect ect. So Dell has me take it back to Best buy who promptly replace my Streak with another.....with some of the same issues. I call Dell after a week of fighting the new device, only to be told my service tag doesn’t exist. After 3 weeks, multiple calls and promises a 2.2 update that will fix my issues (which was a lie in itself because they don’t even know that this device exists without a service tag so how can they send out an OTA to a locked device that according to them doesn’t exist) and promises of escalation to a supervisor I finally demand to speak to a supervisor.....who accuses me of stealing the phone. After the shock of being called a thief, I ask the supervisor if he would like a copy of my receipt, he says no, he wants me to drive back to the Best buy that I purchased the device from and have them call and confirm my purchase. So I do exactly what he asks. After I get there and call him back he then asks Best buy to exchange the device. Best buy says "NO!!!! This is your issue we won’t be giving out anymore faulty devices, this is a Dell issue, and Dell should fix it." So the supervisor says we will send you out a new device promptly and you upon receipt of the device ship us yours. Sounds good to me. But after three weeks of lies and broken promises I ask that someone call me the next day to confirm shipment of the replacement device.

The next day NO CALL BACK....so I call and speak to another supervisor who can't find my info in the system. I ask why that the notes from my previous call were not entered and I am told that is was for my safety that it was not entered. WHAT? So I am again promised a call back the next day, which again does not happen. I again call back and speak to another supervisor, who claims he is a Dell Mobility manager. He tells me that until my device has been registered with "the Tag Department" that they will not send me out another device. I ask why after almost 4 weeks this has never been done. He has no answer. I ask to speak to his boss; he tells me that he is the highest manager in Dell Mobility. I told him that he should then be able to make this happen quickly. He says he cannot. But promises to call me the next day with an update......guess what....he NEVER CALLS ME. Big surprise huh? So I currently have a phone that dumps about 2/3rdsof the calls that are inbound, wont connect to Wi-Fi 50% of the time and is now losing data off of the sim card.....oh and the crowning achievement is it keeps losing its service tag and IME number in its settings, which the renders the phone useless.....good old Dell doesn’t acknowledge that this phone exists. 

Dell pull your heads out and fix my phone please.

16 Posts

January 22nd, 2011 17:00

nice responce hope you can get help

14 Posts

January 22nd, 2011 20:00

Sorry to hear what you have gone through with your phone. Mine have been working perfectly ever since i bought it. It sounded to me initially as if setting was the issue but with the service tag and IME numbers disappearing that's a different issue. One has to be very careful when you set up your phone initially when signing into google  or other online client and selecting your setting on how you want your data/contact to be manage.  My caution to anyone is to use a new device for a while understanding the basic APPS and functionality that come with the device for a couple of weeks before downloading all the cool APPS online unto the device.  Bestbuy should have help you much better you were back to them within 15 days of purchase with your receipt in hand they should have call dell and help you out especially when the phone have a service tag issue. did you also check with your carrier on the email issue. The front facing camera is a known issue and hopefully dell is working on it.  I hope they should be able to resolve the issue so you can enjoy your Dell TPHONE (Tablet-Phone). it is a great device.

12 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 09:00

after 4 weeks of non response I am not holding my breath, Dell has yet be honest with me about anything with this phone. OK that is not fair, I spoke with a very nice Mobility Tech who honestly told me that this was the worst product Dell had rolled out in a long time. She tried her best to help me and gave honest answers such as "according to what we have been told these issues will be fixed with the release of 2.2"  I also had a nice discusssion with a Dell Sales Rep discussing the Streak and the fact that the concept was good. but the execution was poor. He actaully was able to help with two of the issues and give me apps that would handle the problems until 2.2 was out, so not all of the Dell persons that I ahve delt with have been as poor as what I have experienced in the last 2 weeks.

No Events found!