Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 26th, 2015 02:00

PCI express absent in Dell venue 11 pro 7140 64 bit win 8.1

I just bought this promising device from the internet store and are trying to get to know it better. 

When running the Dell app "PC checkup" with "standard scanning"  I however received a puzzling mesage. It said that the system test  was not succsessful due to "No PCI express unit". I have repeated the test after resoring the PC with preserved files and had the same result.

Is this a hardware defect and what should I do about it?

4 Posts

February 13th, 2015 00:00

I just received an software update on the PC checkup app and the problem now seems to be solved.

828 Posts

February 13th, 2015 14:00

I just received an software update on the PC checkup app and the problem now seems to be solved.

Awesome.   Thanks for letting me know.

828 Posts

January 26th, 2015 16:00

I just bought this promising device from the internet store and are trying to get to know it better. 

When running the Dell app "PC checkup" with "standard scanning"  I however received a puzzling mesage. It said that the system test  was not succsessful due to "No PCI express unit". I have repeated the test after resoring the PC with preserved files and had the same result.

Is this a hardware defect and what should I do about it?

Where are you seeing that error?   Is the application you are running "System Checkup" version 3.5.0.23?

4 Posts

January 27th, 2015 01:00

I run the application "My Dell"  ver.3.5.6426.22 that came with the device, go to "System information" - PC-Checkup - Standard scanning - and get the overall result: "System test was not succsessful".

Looking at the detailed report I find the line in red: "PCI Express status test - No unit". 

828 Posts

January 27th, 2015 14:00

I run the application "My Dell"  ver.3.5.6426.22 that came with the device, go to "System information" - PC-Checkup - Standard scanning - and get the overall result: "System test was not succsessful".

Looking at the detailed report I find the line in red: "PCI Express status test - No unit". 

Got it.  I can reproduce on devices that I have (that are working fine).   I'll dig into why this is not passing.

4 Posts

January 30th, 2015 04:00

While waiting for your result I might ask the following question, revealing my ignorance: Does  the Dell Venue  11 pro 7140 really come with a PCI express unit?

828 Posts

February 2nd, 2015 15:00

While waiting for your result I might ask the following question, revealing my ignorance: Does  the Dell Venue  11 pro 7140 really come with a PCI express unit?

This error is normally due to no micro SD card in the card reader slot (which is on the PCI-Express bus), but something isn't working right as I can reproduce the failure even with a card present when I run the test.   You can find PCI Express in device manager under System Devices.

I'm checking with the software team as to why this application is failing but it is just a cosmetic issue.

No Events found!