Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2010 13:00

Streak and TMobile

Hello,

I am sorry if this question was asked in this forum/s before.

So I read that there is going to be a new "TRUE UNLOCKED" version of Streak. Will that version will have different hardware and hence work on TMobile's 3g network?

Thank you!

119 Posts

November 19th, 2010 05:00

No word on whether the new "unlocked" US streak will work with T-Mobile's 3G network.  I doubt they will change the hardware.

November 19th, 2010 05:00

Hi, I assume this is t-mobile uk that you are refering to. In which case I can inform you, yes it works just fine, my streak was purchased direct from dell and has been happily working on t-mob for a good 6wks, everything seems ok, market place, google maps, text, mms,calls the lot. Hope this helps. Vern.

November 19th, 2010 08:00

Sorry guys I should have been more specific, I was refering to TMobile USA.

I've Streak which I got from Dell over 2 months now and I am just using it as tablet for now.

1 Message

December 24th, 2010 18:00

Hi,

I am all set to order the unlocked Streak from Dell.com and the only thing holding me back is the issue of compatibility with T-Mobile's 3G now 4G network.

Can someone from Dell address these concerns which thousands of T-mobile customers like myself are facing ?

~A

119 Posts

December 25th, 2010 06:00

Nothing has changed with the Unlocked model that will allow it to work with the T-Mobile 3g frequencies.  You will get 2g (edge) speeds only if you use the unlocked streak with T-Mobile.

No Events found!