Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2011 08:00

Tired of not being able ot use WiFi with your Venue Pro?

If you want to know why Dell is ducking you on your inablility to use the wifi on your Dell Venue Pro without it crashing, SOUND OFF.

Feel free if you want to also know why they told you that you were getting the same camera in your unit, as the iphone 4, yet you can only take pictures that look worse than a Fisher-Price Toy camera.

WE WANT AWNSERS, YOU CROOKS. YOU TOOK OUR MONEY AND STUCK IT TO US ON NUMEROUS LEVELS AND ARE NOW DUCKING ANY TYPE OF REFRENCE TO THESE ISSUES. REFUND US OUR MONEY ( BUY US OUT OF OUR NEW T-MOBILE CONTRACTS), ISSUE A MASS RECALL, OR TELL US WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND HOW LONG WE ARE LOOKING AT.

If you want to get all 'ethical' on us again, I guess your next option would to be to stroll down to the local Police Station and turn yourself in as 'Corporate Crooks'.

32 Posts

January 25th, 2011 11:00

Sparta, weren't you in the process of seeking action or something? What happened with that?

January 25th, 2011 13:00

You are going to get this thread taken down. Let's just say system launch. I am just making sure that those of us getting it stuck to us, make sure that others looking at buying these things, DO NOT get ripped off like we have.

January 25th, 2011 14:00

I took your advice. I called Dell Cares and instead of getting some arogant Indian telling me his name is John Smith, I got an english speaking woman who listened to my complaint. Instead of calling me a LIAR like the woman from India did, she told me she has had numerous calls about the same WiFi issues. It is amazing she can fess up to it, but who ever is running this board can't. Sounds like these devices are hit or miss on wether or not the WiFi works. Anyhow, she is going to ship another unit, to this liar here. I AM NOT abondoning my other option. The way the ship these jobs out of the country to unedecuted idiots, who talk to us like we are clueless, is ridiculous. This may very well be my last Dell product. The only way I would ever agree to another one, is if was GUARANTEED that I got to deal with the woman I delt with today (or someone who comes from the same continent as her).

There is no way an Indian company would give me a job after I have had 6 months of language training under their tongue. And they sure as hell wouldn't put up with me calling their customers liars. So what in all hell makes Dell think it is OK on the flip-side?

32 Posts

January 25th, 2011 14:00

Yeah my experience with the Dell Mobility staff has been pleasant, but they don't seem to follow through on some things.

I had two people tell me they would call me back to follow up on the status of my refund, and neither of them did. I am now waiting for a response to the matter that should hopefully come by tomorrow, but it has been weeks since they received the phone back.  In my case it is a clear-cut issue, I returned the product, and it does not seem like Dell wishes to issue the refund in a timely manner. Something any other company would have done with just a single phone call after the process had been completed. 

Everything just seems to take an eternity with these guys. It would also be wonderful if Dell would make a statement in regards to these issues (Wi Fi crashing, Ram, etc, etc). I feel like this forum only exists as a place for people to vent with no real hope of receiving timely feedback, or possible solutions to the problem(s) at hand.

32 Posts

January 25th, 2011 16:00

Well UPS shows they received the phone back on the 4th of Jan. It is already the 25th, so I figure something else is going on behind the scenes.

I purchased the phone on my Dell preferred account, so if anything the lack of a refund is preventing me from purchasing another Dell product.

31 Posts

January 25th, 2011 16:00

When I stopped calling Dell Support and found their Mobile Support number in the states they sent me a replacement to swap mine out with that had a new manufactured date (1/13/11) or so and assured me the crashes have been fixed.  Got it this morning, took like two days to ship since I complained and had it done over the weekend.  No issues yet but this is still the first day using it, also got sent a return slip initially but decided to give another one a try and opted for the exchange. 

I'll update if the issues are still present, just got home from work to unpack it.  They told me for the second time that the 16GB Venue Pro has 512MB of RAM and the one I'm getting (got) should have just that.  Yet to test it, just posting to say they didn't take long and actually were responsive and helpful when you actually find the right number to call.

Btw they did mention that refunds take up to 14 business days or something stupid crazy like that, kinda deferred me from it.  I'd have to go weeks without a phone? Can't do it x.x They do check the integrity of the phone to make sure it wasn't damage or tampered which might be what the delay is for since they are having several returns due to 16GB versions failing to operate accordingly.

15 Posts

January 27th, 2011 08:00

"Sound off!"

*cricket cricket cricket*

32 Posts

January 27th, 2011 09:00

Now the 27th and still no call back, and still no refund... Such a wonderful purchasing experience this has been. *sigh*

Hope all you other people with Dell Venue Pro issues have received better service.

No Events found!