Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2016 17:00

Venue 11 Pro 7130 Touchscreen Not Responding in Windows 10

My tablet initially shipped with Windows 8. The touchscreen worked fine under Win 8. After upgrading to Windows 10 however, the touchscreen no longer responds to finger touches and gestures.

I have updated to BIOS A16 and every other firmware/driver update I could find.
Everything works great under Windows 10 except for the touchscreen in tablet-only mode.

I read online that updating the panel touch driver will fix my issue.

In updating the panel touch driver, I do run into the error message problems listed here:

www.dell.com/.../EN

The specific error message I receive is: "Unable to locate a Synaptics Touch Controller. Verify if the device is properly installed on the system."

None of the solution options listed in the above knowledge base article work in my case.

My dilemma is when I have everything undocked, I cannot use the touch screen to "click" the installer's dialog buttons on the screen with my finger (since the touchscreen is what's not responsive and what I am trying to fix).

I have tried using a simple USB cable-connected keyboard and USB cable-connected mouse to just the tablet (undocked from the dock or travel keyboard). No luck... same error message.

I have confirmed that no I2C Device has an exclamation point by it. Just to be sure, I disabled and re-enabled the device and tried the firmware update again... no luck.

I have confirmed that I am installing firmware update v1.0.5.100 from the file SynaUtilitySfx_v1.0.5.100.exe.

Any help very much appreciated!

4 Posts

February 15th, 2016 12:00

Bumping this with a bit more info. I also found this KB article:

http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/19/SLN290546/EN

It also mentions upgrading with v1.0.5, which apparently is not available now from the support site. I have already upgraded to A16 as part of my prep for the Windows 10 upgrade, so I am already past A09.

Any additional info I am overlooking to help resolve the issue, or any update forthcoming to the Panel Touch Firmware to accomodate more recent BIOS versions?

Thanks much!

828 Posts

February 16th, 2016 17:00

I think you are missing a driver most likely - touch works fine in Windows 10 on my system.   The firmware updates improve stylus performance and help with some issues that could exist on early production units.   Make sure you are pulling down all of the drivers, especially the chipset and video drivers.

March 2nd, 2016 17:00

I'm having the same problem.  My Dell 7139's touch screen no longer works after last update on Windows 10.  You mentioned a missing driver.  Why don't you post a link to these drivers instead of us having to search the Delll site for hours?  

No Events found!