Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 03:00

Venue 11 Pro Wifi not working after Windows 10 install

Hi,

I installed Windows 10 (the final version not the beta) on my Dell Venue 11 Pro.  All appeared to go well but I noticed that there was no wifi available - there is no icon in the system tray and there is nothing in the control panel to turn wifi on or off.

I had a look in the device manager and I can see the Intel wireless adaptor is showing correctly.  I installed the latest wireless adaptor and also updated the BIOS but it is still not visible to the operating system.

I tried running the Intel wireless software but that wasn't able to see the wifi adaptor either.

Please help!!

Thanks

Ed Mozley

PS In the device manager there is one item as showing as not having a driver but it says "unknown device" so I don't know which one it is.

August 2nd, 2015 18:00

No luck with mine either. I have tried numerous times to load the drivers linked and using the drivers on Dell's site after entering my Tag number. I even went down to Best Buy and bought a Nethear USB wifi adapter and it loads the driver but the adapter never shows up in networking even though it does get listed in device manager.

Dan Ferrall

6 Posts

Now that I have logged in I can see there are a lot of things fixed after doing a clean install.

This is definitely the best option.  After booting from USB I deleted all the partitions (ie nuked all traces of win 8.1) and things are good.

6 Posts

In the end I went to the MS website and downloaded the tool to create a windows 10 media.  I then booted off the USB drive I created and did a clean install.

FYI to boot of USB on a dell venue 11 you have to push the volume up key (F12 does not work).

Only problem I have now is I don't have a product key but at least wifi works!!!

August 2nd, 2015 19:00

Well, I gues I need to consider that method. Now I need to figure out where all of my data files are. Dan

1 Message

January 3rd, 2016 08:00

Hi,

I have the same problem as you with my Venue 11Pro 7139. A month ago I installed Windows 10 and everything was ok until last wednesday. I have no wifi icon and can not find wifi adapter in device manager. I tried everything (update bios, istalling drivers from links in post) and nothing works:(

Any new ideas how to fix that annoyig problem?

1 Message

March 10th, 2016 21:00

hello has anyone resolve the issue yet? Im getting my dell venue 11 pro i5 in a week i think. but I do have a fujitsu t900 and running as a windows 10. bytheway... windows 10 biggest issue with my fujitsu was to update software which it should not need it.... i will test out venue when i receive mine....

here is how i fix my fujitsu... i revert it to windows 7 and have everything working correctly. then once I update to window 10 I stop all windows update to the drivers.... thats how i keep this computer function working at all time. hope that helped.. I will do my investigation when i get my tablet.

September 26th, 2019 11:00

Install previous driver

5130_Network_Driver_50G57_WN_3.7.2.45_A01.EXE

1 Message

October 11th, 2019 17:00

I experienced the same problems with wifi and bluetooth after a fresh install of windows 10 pro on my dell venue pro 11 5130. I installed dell command update. Updated all my  drivers. Wifi and bluetooth are working again. 

No Events found!