Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

January 19th, 2017 02:00

Venue 11 pro7139-slim keyboard not recognised

Hello,

I recently purchased a refurbished venue 7139 running win10 home. seperately i purchased a slim keyboard, it was running fine. suddenly the keyboard is not working. nothing happens when i press keys or the mouse. tried pulling it off and on, restarting etc. zilch so far.

its not being recognised by the tablet at least i dont think so. the only keybaord that comes up in system information is "standard PS/2 keyboard". this is what comes up when the slim keyboard is not attatched so cant be that. is that correct?

is there a test i can do to determine wether or not it is a problem with the tablet or the keyboard?

is there a software/driver update that i can do?

i did have a search for this topic but only found stuff from years ago. is there a easy solution somewhere? i'm guessing that this is a common problem?

cheers

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 19th, 2017 08:00

Hi elvischild,

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information you may find helpful:   http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN293406

January 19th, 2017 09:00

hi thanks for your reply.

i have downoaded the auto updater and run that. got a few updates.also i have downloaded the specific update for the slim keyboard and done that. the other keyboard related updates wouldnt work. because they are for the travel keyboard?

but still nothing. nothing happens when i connect the keyboard.

is there an idiot check i can do to see if the tablet is even "seeing" the keyboard?

anything else i can try?

since im on here the tablet also has an annoying habit of randomly adjusting the screen brightness up and down.it is independent of the power/brightness options in the bottom right.its happened several times as ive typed this...

any ideas? thanks

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 20th, 2017 05:00

Have you considered a factory restore, then trying the steps in my previous post?

No Events found!