Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2014 09:00

Venue Pro 11 LTE Intel Core i3 i3-4020Y - no Mobile Broadband card

Hi,

I've ordered and received the above tablet (refurbished).  There is no mobile broadband option when I installed sim card and nothing in Device Manager that says the card has been installed.  I sent one back the week before and Dell made me re-order one it again because I am positive it wasn't installed in that one either.  Now I received a second one with the same issue.  I call technical support to make sure and they tried to install drivers, update bios etc...over an hour then said they will have to do some research or something (hard to understand the lady) and call me back in 2-3 business days.  I kept telling her there is nothing to update if the card was never installed in the first place but she was insisting she had to do the driver update etc...She also kept saying I need to call my data provider to maybe get the right settings but how can you have settings for something that is NOT installed!  So frustrating since this is the second unit that this has occurred with.  So now I have to wait 3 days for them to tell me it's not installed and probably to send it back and order another one.

Anybody having a similar experience?  Any advice?  Is there something I'm missing?  Also I used the 30% coupon code and I'm sure its expired now.

7 Posts

July 13th, 2014 05:00

why not open it up and have a look to see if the card is present?

184 Posts

July 13th, 2014 09:00

If you check your service tag @ Dell support, does it show mobile card installed?
No Events found!