Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2010 00:00

dell streak stuck on bootloop. Warranty Howto?

I bought a dell streak when i was in London directly from Dell. Its been working fine till few days ago. I received an OTA update notification. So excited i went ahead and downloaded and installed thats when the problem started.

it worked fine for few days with random restarts etc and the other day i switched it off when i turned it back on it would just show the dell logo and animate it few times but not move forward. i even did factory reset yet still the same problem.

whats the procedure to get it fixed under warranty? i am all the way across the world now in Middle east. can i deal with a dell reseller here or i have to send it back to UK? Where do i send it? who do i contact? How long will it take.

thanks

1 Message

November 29th, 2010 11:00

I've read in some other forums that after the official update, boot times can be well over a few minutes. Did you try to just wait it out? If so there are forums I may not be able to mention here that might be of some help. Maybe a hard reset is in order,,,power off the phone and remove and reinsert the battery, then press and hold BOTH volume buttons and press the power button till it powers on, then use the volume up and down buttons to navigate to Factory Reset and use the camera button to choose that option. THIS WILL DELETE ALL OF YOUR STORED INFORMATION!! But may get the phone working again. On all of my previous Android devices this option spares all the saved files on your media card and just resets the phone to a factory like state. Hope it works...Good Luck!

20 Posts

December 1st, 2010 02:00

I now have the same problem.Updated last night,worked OK,butwhen trying to turn on it keeps looping back to the Dell Logo.

Tried battery outf or a length of time and doing a hard factory reset but refuses to power on.

Another ending problem with the Dell Streak.

21 Posts

December 17th, 2010 03:00

I have the same problem

i have updated my dell streak it is been a week from now, everything worked fine until today running the latest update 

it restarted and it keeps looping back to the Dell Logo

Android version: 2.2
baseband version: GAUSB1A131800-EU 
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf
Build number" 12821
to whom i should adress my problem
can anyone help

December 20th, 2010 00:00

I've only just found these forums - and my impression before I visited was that Dell would be here to offer support for things like this?  Hello Dell?

No Events found!