Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2017 05:00

how to download unity vsa community edition

How does one go about actually downloading the virtual Unity VSA? I have already registered I click on the download link and receive the below message.

We’re sorry, but we are unable to display the content you requested. If you are a Dell EMC partner and believe you should have access to this resource, please contact your Distributor or Channel Manager to request access. All other questions can be directed to Partner Online Support Team.

So you have to be a partner to get access to a trail download?

136 Posts

October 22nd, 2017 01:00

Try again and post here if you not able to.. with the URL where you trying to download.

4 Posts

October 28th, 2017 08:00

I'm having the same problem. I'm going to this URL:

Dell EMC UnityVSA Download | Dell EMC

I'm clicking Download link on the right, thenI'm asked ot logon to my EMC account (customer type) and then getting this:

Unable to access resource

We’re sorry, but we are unable to display the content you requested. If you are a Dell EMC partner and believe you should have access to this resource, please contact your Distributor or Channel Manager to request access. All other questions can be directed to Partner Online Support Team.

So this is partner-only download ?

1 Message

November 2nd, 2017 16:00

This seems to be working now.... I know a week or two ago the link didn't work for me either but once I logged into the Support portal and found it through there it worked.

8.6K Posts

November 3rd, 2017 05:00

klosz007 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I'm going to this URL:

Dell EMC UnityVSA Download | Dell EMC

I'm clicking Download link on the right, thenI'm asked ot logon to my EMC account (customer type) and then getting this:

Unable to access resource

So this is partner-only download ?

no - this is for everyone but there we some problems with the public download link which should be fixed now

as a customer you can always download it from support.emc.com as well

8.6K Posts

November 3rd, 2017 05:00

yes I think we finally got the download link through www.emc.com/getunity

Note that with a support.emc.com acount (that every customer should have) you can also download the VSA from the support website

6 Posts

October 8th, 2020 09:00

Since Dell got involved EMC support has been getting worse. I opened ticket for download issue now a week ago and still no resolution. Some links are broke and then the one which is supposed to work returns file not found. Not sure how hard it is to either place the correct file on the webserver or update the link. I get more and more the feeling EMC will be sooner or later a casualty of DELL and fade away. Also reading thru some posts this does not seem to be the first time you cant download this ovm. One person mentioned you can search for it on support site which seem to no longer be an option either.

I am having the same problem downloading this software.   I click on agree and download...I get redirected to a EMC page and then it says File not found.

I spoke with on line support and they got the same error.....is there a FTP site or somewhere i can download the community edition.   Or if someone has it can you share it with me?

Thank you.

Patrick 

h

It's still downloadable from the support site:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/unityvsa-(virtual-storage-appliance)/drivers

The download from here:https://www.delltechnologies.com/en-us/products-solutions/trial-software-download/eula/unityvsa.htm seems to work for me connected to the Dell network, but not off it.  I'll see what I can do internally to raise the issue.

6 Posts

October 9th, 2020 10:00

Yes, I can get to the support website but on it , I get only the Dell EMC UnityVSA High Availability Deployment Utility (Windows 32-bit) or other OS version but not the actual ovm file. 

NoSoup4You_0-1602263293025.png

October 20th, 2020 04:00

Yes I made the relevant people aware.

Is the download link still not working?

21 Posts

October 20th, 2020 04:00

Hi @ChrisHolloway 

Did you get a chance to raise this issue? If so, any feedback from suppor team?

Regards,

21 Posts

October 20th, 2020 05:00

@ChrisHolloway 

Thanks for the quick reply. Link is still not working though.

Regards,

21 Posts

October 26th, 2020 09:00

@ChrisHolloway Link still broken, any update on this? Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Message

October 26th, 2020 12:00

Still does not work...

I tried to contact the support....  looks a bit unwilling to do something about a "free" product....

i will think twice before i go ahead with dell EMC...

21 Posts

November 5th, 2020 18:00

Hi @ChrisHolloway 

Thanks for your help, download link works now. I was able to download the ova file and upload it to a datastore.

However seems like now the link to get the license key (to complete the installation) is not working. Please find the following thread in regards to this new issue: https://www.dell.com/community/Unity/verify-network-error/m-p/7731065#M4235

Would you be able to contact the relevant team and let them know about this new issue?

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Regards,

No Events found!