Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 5th, 2014 04:00

Best practise for configuring DSE pool

Hi Folks,

we have a newly implemented vmax in 2 sites, and for SRDF we have 3 host configured each of 2 TB of total device capacity.
I have already configured the SRDF, but due to network issue the links getting drop.

So the SRDF /A is getting suspended, i would like to configure DSE.

So please advice me, what can be the pool size, what device configuration need to be added to that pool, how many devices need to be added.
Currently host is using RAID 5 (3+1). FC Technology.

Do i need to create the similar pool in the DR site as well?

cheers,
Paul

292 Posts

May 5th, 2014 06:00

Paul, the best practices can be found in solution http://support.emc.com/kb/11310 The calculations for determining DSE pool size is contained within the solution.

You will need to create a similar DSE pool in the DR site.

Please ensure that the DSE pool is spread across as many disks as possible.  I had a customer whose entire DSE pool was RAID-5 and on the same 4 physcial devices and that caused major issues until it was corrected.

213 Posts

May 5th, 2014 07:00

The point Mike raised should be considered in your DSE Pool design so try (whenever possible) to make the DSE pool of small hypers configured as RAID-1. The size of the DSE pool should be about the size of usable Symmetrix cache or x2 usable cache size.

Hope that helps

Mohammed Salem

1 Rookie

• 

51 Posts

May 5th, 2014 22:00

Hi Mike,

Unable to open the link provided, can u email me the solution.

Cheers,
Paul

213 Posts

May 6th, 2014 05:00

Paul, In case you have not received the article yet, send me an email and i will reply back with the article attached. Please make sure that you open a case with EMC Support to fix the issue you have with EMC KB articles access.

Hope this helps

Mohammed Salem

1 Rookie

• 

51 Posts

May 6th, 2014 05:00

You can email to paul@netlinkin.com.

Thanks & Regards,
Paul

292 Posts

May 6th, 2014 07:00

Paul, I have emailed the solution to you.

No Events found!