Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2014 09:00

Modify RDF group

We use SRDF/A in our environment. I want to add more RAs to existing RDF groups.  Do I need to suspend RDF relationship before modifying a RDF group ?.

213 Posts

July 13th, 2014 10:00

Hello Savantmp,

Welcome to EMC Community.

This change can be done online without suspending the RDF pairs. The RDFG MUST be dynamic and the director you are adding should be online and should have a physical connection to a director in the remote array.

symcli command :  symrdf modifygrp -rdfg xx -add -dir xx -remote_dir xx

Hope that helps

Mohammed Salem

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

July 14th, 2014 18:00

Reassigning directors for SRDF dynamic groups requires that you understand the network fabric topology when choosing director endpoints. The modify command cannot be used to modify existing static groups. You must specify the group

label or group number.

The following example modifies a dynamic group (dyngrp4) to remove a supporting director 13a assigned from the group on the local Symmetrix array 6180:

symrdf modifygrp -sid 6180 -label dyngrp4 -remove -dir 13a

The following example modifies a dynamic group (dyngrp4) to add (assign) a supporting director 12a to the group on the local Symmetrix 6180:

symrdf modifygrp -sid 6180 -label dyngrp4 -add -dir 12a

When adding a director to a dynamic group, the specified director for the local Symmetrix array must be online and a physical link to one online director in the remote Symmetrix array must exist.

3 Posts

July 14th, 2014 23:00

Should I suspend the SRDF/A RDF group before modifying the RDF group ? Can I add a new RA port to the existing RDF group when it’s in consistent state ?

Regards,

Savant

3 Posts

Thanks

465 Posts

You can modify the RDFG online, per M.Salems earlier response. No interruption to the flow of RDF traffic required.

No Events found!