Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 2nd, 2014 11:00

Need Help on VMAX HBA renaming!!

Hi,

I used below commands to assign alias to the HBA's in VMAX.

symaccess -sid xxx -wwn yyyyyyyyyyyyyy rename -alias server/fcs0

But while I am checking symaccess list logins this renaming is not reflecting. But the naming is changed in the Masking view.

Do I need to make any additional step to have the alias to be updated and reflect for list logins command?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

for example: symaccess -sid 123 rename -wwn 500110a00085c630 -alias oracle01/h0

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

that's what i always use and it's always reflected in symmaccess list login output, no additional steps are needed.

448 Posts

January 7th, 2014 05:00

I have found that when you alias a WWn  prior to the WWN logging in the name will not be correctly applied when the host does log in.  What I do is save my alias commands and re-run them again.  I do it from a windows host so if I have a lot of entries I just put the commands into a .bat file and run it that way.

448 Posts

January 7th, 2014 06:00

I see the same result however I still have the same problem as the OP.  When you view the WWN's form the FA perspective there is no name associated with it; in the list logins command output.  There will be a name in the masking view.

The environment I work in now is almost completely boot from SAN so we see this all the time.

448 Posts

Like I said the environment is pretty much 100% boot from SAN so everything storage wise is done prior to the host coming up.  We zone and create all the storage then its turned over to the engineering folks to load the O/S and APP's.

We have a work flow and contractors that do provisioning so there isnt a task for them to come back and update the alias data.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

here is a solution that works 100% of the time, rename it once it's logged-in . What is it that you do that you need to rename it ahead of time ?

9 Posts

January 9th, 2014 00:00

Hi Friend,

Can Provide these questions doubts.

1. 1. Trouble Shotting of storage(array),Server(host) and Zoning side step-by-step process each one they asked?

1. 2. What is Swich SINK in Brocade?
  2. 3. How you can find the U Ports in CISCO Switch? ex: we have ports like : E,L,F,FL ports and Uports.

Thanks

kondalu

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 9th, 2014 05:00

do you know how to create new discussions post ?

No Events found!