Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2015 00:00

New Vmax installation

Hello all,

I have been working for a while with pre configured vmax and management hosts.Now I have a new challenge on my way.My company has acquired a new vmax and I need to install it from the scratch.Have a few question on my mind

1- we look forward to add this vmax to a management host that already manages a couple of vmax.Do I need to update solution enabler?

2- we have already given enough gatekeepers to this management host.Do I need to dedicate more gatekeepers to this mangement host after installation of new vmax?

3- does anyone have a detailed procedure on how to add a new vmax to an existing management host that is already managing other vmax?

Thanks

March 10th, 2015 01:00

Thanks.I moved this discussion to Vmax.

2 Intern

• 

2.1K Posts

March 10th, 2015 01:00

Hi pualmorotti,

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "VMAX Product Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

122 Posts

March 10th, 2015 02:00

I believe you have added the mgmt host to the new vmax. (masking view)
Yes, you can also add gatekeeper.

March 10th, 2015 02:00

Hello Ugin.We are yet to receive new Vmax.I have never configured from the scratch.Can you please let me know in brief what steps I need to take?

122 Posts

March 10th, 2015 03:00

Its kind of fresh install?
Does the bin loaded?

If this things have not been done then i suggest to get Field support team to proceed with the initial configuration.

Because for bin loading you need a local team to run the scripts

No Events found!