Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 8th, 2013 07:00

Report for Allocated % of Volume

Is there a way to create a report to show the allocated percentage of all volumes in a particular storage group?  I am running Unisphere v1.6.0.8.  I also have SMC and SPA installed, but have not used them as much as Unisphere.

November 8th, 2013 10:00

David;

Are you using open systems or mainframe? I have in my installation the same tools and apps you have, and for that particular question you are asking I use Vantage(CA), which shows in a clearly way exactly you need to know. In case of using specifically EMC tools, first of all keep in mind that your devices must be contained into DG, otherwise, if they are ungrouped or unassociated difficult will be to get the info you need, tell me a little more and I could suggest a few tips.-

Regards

Pablo

November 8th, 2013 11:00

We don’t have a mainframe, so I assume we are using open systems. We have about 50 servers (a mixture of file and SQL) that use the VMAX for SAN storage. The only tools we have for SAN management are the EMC tools I listed previously (Unisphere, SMC, SPA). Our devices are grouped together by storage group. I’m not sure what the “DG” you’re referring to below is…forgive me, I’m not completely versed in “SAN-speak” yet.

November 10th, 2013 23:00

Hi,

Please see the attached screenshot, if this is your requirement, then it is possible to get an automated report.

P.N : I've replaced the Array S/N and the SG Names intentionally, the report by default comes with the correct Array S/N and SG Names.

Thanks,

Sreehari

1 Attachment

November 11th, 2013 08:00

Yes, that looks like what I’m looking for…how would I create that report?

No Events found!