Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2015 16:00

Unable to install EMC VMAX Symmetrix Viewer

Folks,

I have been trying to install EMC VMAX Symmetrix Viewer for last few hours, but no luck. I downloaded two different formats, but neither of them is working.

EMC_VMAX_Family_System_Viewer_41.air - When I tried to install this, it is returning "The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author"

EMC_VMAX_Family_System_Viewer.zip - Unzipped the file and got *.swf format. Have installed Shockwave Player too, but no luck in getting it opened.

Could you please help me here?

Cheers.

4 Posts

August 24th, 2015 23:00

You have to install the Adobe air installer software initially.

Sent: Tuesday 25 August 2015 11:00 AM

To: Chaliya, Yogesh

Reply To: jive-886350072-bg5w-2-jcoo@emc-ecn.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Subject: - Unable to install EMC VMAX Symmetrix Viewer

ECN

Unable to install EMC VMAX Symmetrix Viewer

created by tiro o&m=N47WKJ-v0A8L4JxUgjD0N-9n27t3TkqkhFRNnDp9-wk&s=4S2wbtszM9Z9dWFGbyT6ghMg090oqk8_pmVNMMVKjVU&e=> in VMAX - View the full discussion o&m=N47WKJ-v0A8L4JxUgjD0N-9n27t3TkqkhFRNnDp9-wk&s=YKj6-APHvA3R8wa0pR-2LRGupzkNX3q1BkHzmI7zyZA&e=>

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 25th, 2015 11:00

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 25th, 2015 11:00

https://inside.emc.com/docs/DOC-83907

You may have a trial version of the tool installed on your system ( trial version would be unsigned and that is why you receive a certificate error). If so, please, uninstall the trial version and re-run the AIR installer.

The Inside EMC space ( link above) provides detailed installation instructions.

Note that the installer is an *.AIR file. You are supposed to download the attachment and double-click to install.

Please, check the file extension ( of your download), it should be *.AIR.

The only prerequisite is Adobe AIR runtime installed on your system.

If still in trouble, send an e mail to SymmSystemViewers@emc.com

Regards

Barbara

27 Posts

September 1st, 2015 16:00

Thank you for the detailed email. I attempted to access [used customer account] the link you've given, but it returned the below message.

SSO Error

An error occurred while attempting authentication through single sign-on (SSO)

Click here to try again.

External user access is limited to EMC approved Partners, Suppliers and Customers

I actually download the "EMC_VMAX_Family_System_Viewer_41.air" installer from https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-40577

No Events found!