Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2018 03:00

VMAX code EOL Documentation

VMAX community,

Can someone point me to the right document for the life cycle for the code level for all VMAX frames?

Thank you,

2 Intern

• 

356 Posts

July 10th, 2018 04:00

Finbarr,

This is probably going to be a dumb question... But I am looking for the code level information.  The spreadsheet isnt addressing what the cut off date is for the specific code level your frame is at.   Granted I figure that the code level EOL and the hardware EOL isnt the same.  Right?   Your hardware can still be supported, but if you still have the out of date code level... isnt it treated separately? 

July 10th, 2018 06:00

Hey Chris,

ok sure no problem, we don't track the code EOL dates in that way, we track the Platform EOL dates. For example the 20K is EOSL in Mar 2020. You will need to be running 76 code on the array, CS and your local account team will work with you to ensure you are the latest levels of code for your platform.

Was there a particular code level you were concerned with?

Regards

Finbarr.

2 Intern

• 

356 Posts

July 12th, 2018 04:00

Just wanted to make sure that I tracked if there was an EOL for the code level as well.  I think with Isilon there was a cut of for support for the OS if you didnt upgrade the code to a certain level.  Was not sure if that was the same for VMAX.

July 12th, 2018 04:00

ok understood, your account team will manage this for you to ensure you are at the correct supported levels for your VMAX.

No Events found!