Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

November 22nd, 2011 13:00

Mirrorview SRA Enabler for SRM v5 is now on Powerlink

The SRA solution for Mirrorview is now certified by VMware and posted on Powerlink.

Note that the total solution is a combination of BOTH VNX SRA and Mirrorview enabler.

THe VNX SRA is available from VMware website for SRM downloads.

The Mirrorview enabler is available from Powerlink.

Enjoy!

Ken

ps here is the link:

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/appmanager/km/secureDesktop?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=servicesDownloadsTemplatePg&internalId=0b014066804cb7f4&_irrt=true

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 23rd, 2011 14:00

I have a customer with the following issue :

"

I noticed on Powerlink that the “Mirrorview Enabler for VNX” was added yesterday (11/22/11). Unfortunately it appears to require SRM 5 and we are running 4.1.2. Is there any way to get Mirrorview working with SRM 4.1.2?

"

Customer get the error message while trying to install it :  "EMC SRA does not appear to be installed . Please installit , then retry EMC Mirrorview enabler for VNX SRA installation ." Customer claims that he has installed the SRA . Please mail me (if possible) on praveen.k.kukreti@emc.com .

Thanks in advance ,

Regards;

Praveen K Kukreti

40 Posts

November 28th, 2011 07:00

The MV enabler solution only works for SRM 5. VMware has no backward compatibility between SRM 5 and previous versions of SRM.

Your customer should use the MV SRA for SRM 4.......

Ken

10 Posts

November 29th, 2011 00:00

Dear Ken,

thank you for your post.

I believe SRM 5 is now certified for VNX SRA and for the MirrorView Enabler only when using MirrorView over Fiber Channel and not over iSCSI.

See my post https://community.emc.com/message/577532#577532

Oliviero

40 Posts

November 29th, 2011 08:00

ERCEA_LSA and all,

The current support matix is in error, iSCSI has been certified. We are correcting this issue, thanks for bringing to our attention!

Thanks,

Ken

40 Posts

November 29th, 2011 08:00

Praveen,

You need the prevous version of the MV SRA. THe current postings/releases only support SRM v5 for which VMware does not offer any backward compatibility with previous versions of SRM. THis is due to a major change in the SRA spec for SRM v5.

So, in summary:

SRA's for SRM v5 will not work for any previous release of SRM.

Ken

86 Posts

November 29th, 2011 18:00

Where is the release notes for "EMC Mirrorview Enabler for VNX SRA" ? 

I see the release notes for  "VNX Replicator Enabler for EMC VNX SRA 5.0"  and "VNX SRA for VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5    5.0".

Do these products use NaviSeccli?  There is no mention in the release notes?

Regards, Michel.

251 Posts

November 29th, 2011 23:00

Well I would expect it to be along the same lines as previous SRA 4 and to use Solutions Enabler

Normally the release notes for the enabler used to be posted at Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ J-O ~ Documentation > MirrorView > Release Notes however with VNX most stuff is posted on the nextgen site, however I dont see anything posted on NextGen so dont know where its posted

Hope that helps

Gearoid

10 Posts

November 30th, 2011 00:00

Gearoid,

I definitely agrre. Having the release notes would help.

What I am not getting is what needs to be installed on the VMware SRM servers (and eventually also on the VMware vCenter servers) to have SRM5 + MirrorView (iSCSI) working properly.

In my case, installing Navisphere CLI 7.31, VNX SRA 5.01 and the respective MirrorView enabler (5.02) on the two SRM servers (at protected and recovery site) does not seem to be enough.

When I am scanning for SRAs, vCenter SRM correctly detects the VNX SRA and the MIrrorView enabler.

Then when I am adding the Array Manager I get the following error:

Unable to add array manager:

Internal error: std::exception 'class Vmacore::Xml::XMLParseException' "Invalid document structure".

Oliviero

251 Posts

Normally in support when we used see these it would be escalated to eng (I still work on the traditional CX's so not sure what is the situation with VNX these days)

However in a case like this (I hope you have an SR) the things I would be looking to get are

1. SPcollects from both arrays

2. EMCGrabs from the SRA Servers

3. The SRA Logs

(I know for 1.4 they used live in

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\Logs
  • C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\scripts\SAN\MirrorView SRA\*.log

But no idea where they live for SRA 5)

However look at that it looks like the results that SRA Server is recieving do not make a valid xmld document

This was pretty common on 1.4 as well and normally it was due to a parsing error with the SRA parser

Gearoid

10 Posts

Dear Gearoid,

according to this post https://community.emc.com/message/578338#578338

MirrorVeiw Enabler and VNX SRA don't use anymore Solution Enabler.

Everything should be handled by Navisphere CLI (NavSecCli.exe).

Oliviero

251 Posts

Hi Oliviero, Looking at that post from Ken i would agree

I think that the release notes need to be posted so we can figure what is supported or not

Gearoid

40 Posts

November 30th, 2011 07:00

The SRA logs are the most important artifact for helping us to debug any situation. As usual, send to nastoolsupport@emc.com

Ken

40 Posts

November 30th, 2011 09:00

40 Posts

By popular demand, the MV enabler release notes:

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/Technical_Documentation/300-012-686.pdf

reminder:

snapview is required, naviseccli is required, and there is no solutions enabler requirement (we don't use that in this release).

Enjoy!

Ken

40 Posts

No Events found!