Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2015 07:00

Can I use HP EVA P6000 and VNX5200 (Block) on Windows 2008 R2 ?

Today my costumer have 2 hosts Windows 2008 R2 using HP EVA P6000 Luns.

They use hpdsm versão 4.02.00 over MS MPIO.

Can i present VNX5200 luns to this host? And use native MPIO to administer this luns ?

4.5K Posts

May 14th, 2015 09:00

For connecting a host to a VNX, you can go to the below link to create a server connectivity guide. Select "VNX Series", the under the "Server Tasks" select "Attach a Server".

https://mydocuments.emc.com/

Depending on the model and type of the HBA's in the server, you should be able to connect to the array (you should check the E-Lab Compatibility from the Support by Product page to see if your host/OS/HBA combination is supported). Select the http://elabnavigator.emc.com/ on the right side of the page.

MPIO is covered in the Host Connectivity Guide.

glen

3 Posts

May 14th, 2015 10:00

Thank you Glen,

I used emcgrab and elab, and the result is ok for all firmwares, hba and microsoft mpio.

My concern is about HP driver software "hp dsm multipath" instaled in this machine.

Thank you again.

3 Posts

May 15th, 2015 11:00

Thank you Ankit

I received same answer from presalessupport today.

"Thank you for contacting Presales Support Center, MPIO DSM for HP arrays are just an extension to native Microsoft MPIO. DSM files are not bound to an HBA.
You can present a LUN from VNX2 and manage its multipath settings using native MPIO software and HP EVA luns can co-exist."

Thank you all.

4.5K Posts

That's beyond my knowledge - hopefully someone on the forum has had experience with this situation and can answer.

glen

1.4K Posts

Short answer is Yes.

HP MPIO DSM  manages paths for EVA4x00/6x00/8x00 family of Disk Array NOT EMC Arrays. So you can definitely use either Native MPIO or EMC Powerpath, if you would like.

4.5K Posts

Please remember to mark your question "Answered" if this works for you, it will help others looking for the same issue.

glen

No Events found!