Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

November 19th, 2009 14:00

Celerra Mixed Mode

Hi,

In Celerra, i have created a Mixed_compat mode and i am having a permissions problem while accessing a file from a windows mode?

could some one please help me....

Thanks,

31 Posts

November 19th, 2009 14:00

Hi,

We'll probably need a little more information to be able to help.

But to start with - why are you using the MIXED_COMPAT access policy?   If what you want is effectively a single set of permissions for files where clients can make changes to both the mode bit (NFSv2 and v3) and the ACL (CIFS and NFSv4) and have those changes reflected in the other set of permissions then you are better off using MIXED.  MIXED provides a more complete mapping between the mode but and ACL worlds and merges changes rather than discarding the "other" set of permissions.

What sort of problems are you seeing from your Windows client?

Is the Celerra CIFS server a member of a Windows domain or standalone?

How is the Windows user identity being mapped to a UNIX user identity?

Thanks,
Chris

8.6K Posts

November 19th, 2009 15:00

you can use server_cifssupport to evaluate what access you should have for a particular Windows or Unix account and a access policy.

would you mind me moving this post to the support forum ?

you are likely to get more answers there and I think this EDN part is more about questions on using the Celerra API's to integrate with 3rd party applications

Rainer

8 Posts

November 19th, 2009 16:00

sure you can move!!!!

8 Posts

November 19th, 2009 16:00

Thanks for Immediate response...

the Celerra CIFS server is a member of a Windows domain...i tried using Mixed Mode than i changed to mixed_compat mode. in both the modes if i give permission on the Linux side chmod 755 to the user and in windows i will get a access denied, then if i add the specific groups on the windows and give all permission except full, then i will get access denied on the Linux side.

8.6K Posts

November 19th, 2009 17:00

do you realize that with the mixed access policy changing the Unix mode bits changes the Windows ACL and vice versa ?

and that this doesnt make much sense unless you have full user mapping (NOT automatic through internal usermapper) configured ?

take a look at  Managing Celerra for a Multiprotocol Environment

8.6K Posts

you need Configuring Celerra User Mapping as well

which user mapping method did you configure ?

can you post a server_cifssupport output for that file and account you have problems with ?

8 Posts

I configured as per that document,,,,,,
No Events found!