Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2011 05:00

ESRS IP Gateway Location

Hi all,

The install docs say it's not supported on a server connected to the VNX but is supported on a VM.

I have a customer that is using a VMware environment which is connected to the VNX. It seems now I have to tell him that I need a seperate standalone server for this product.

My question is how do others get around this. Could I install on the internal ESX server internal disk datastore VM or is this still not supported?

Cheers

Ian

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

October 4th, 2011 05:00

sure, have them install on the internal disk datastore. Then you don't get into situation where the box can't call home because the VM resides on the same array that's is having the problem. You do lose VMotion and sVMotion functionality though.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

October 4th, 2011 07:00

EMC does not care where you store your VM, i've had my ERSR gateway machines running on local storage for 3 years ..no issues.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

are there multiple VNX machines, if it's only one machine and you don't mind doing occasional WebEx session for support to get in and troubleshoot some stuff ..do you really need ESRS gateway , maybe simply setup email-home ?

214 Posts

Is this supported by EMC?

214 Posts

October 4th, 2011 08:00

Thats what I configured, email home and web-ex, but my customer had and email home alert and the EMC support guy who responded via email said there was no ESRS so he couldn't log in. So now my customer wants it installed!

Thanks for your help.

No Events found!