Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 22nd, 2016 00:00

USM - Software Download Error

Hello,

I can log into Unisphere and can perform all activities.

But in USM, when I go to Software > Download software for OE, it gives error. I have attached application log error and pop-up error also.

Also to add, it is not asking me any type of sso credentials to enter, but it errors out.

Please help how to solve it.

Thanks.

2 Attachments

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 28th, 2016 07:00

In order to download files using USM while on an EMC network, you have to disable single sign on. See KB 461240. Where the KB article says: "xx.xxx.xx.xx sso.emc.com" enter "10.250.20.149 sso.emc.com" then save the hosts file and relaunch USM. You will be prompted for user and pwd. User is your NT login and your pwd is the next numbers displayed on your RSA FOB. When you are finished don't forget to go back to your hosts file and remove10.150.20.149 sso.emc.com and save the hosts file. Alternatively, use USM to display the files and download directly from support.emc.com. Or, if you are not in an EMC building and are connecting over VPN, disable VPN and then launch USM. You will be prompted for the same user and pwd info.

8.6K Posts

March 22nd, 2016 04:00

I would suggest a knowledgebase search on support.emc.com

There should be articles there about know USM configs – esp. when it comes to firewalls and proxies

You can also manually download the VNX OE and use it with USM – if you put the right files into the right directory – knowledgebase should help there

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 22nd, 2016 14:00

Are you trying to download from within EMC? In order to get to the SSO login screen kill your VPN connection and then relaunch USM.

119 Posts

March 22nd, 2016 20:00

Yes, I am doing it inside EMC. And how can I kill vpn, I am not connected to any vpn, I am directly connected to EMC network.

Thanks,

Mihir D. Panchal

8.6K Posts

March 23rd, 2016 04:00

I would suggest to start with a knowledgebase search

119 Posts

March 23rd, 2016 20:00

But I don't know wht to search, I.e. Error is caused by what, by looking at the logs I have attached. If u can point me to some direction.

Thanks,

Mihir D. Panchal

119 Posts

March 28th, 2016 02:00

Can anyone please help?

119 Posts

March 29th, 2016 00:00

Wow, you nailed it!!!. Thanks a lot, it worked.

No Events found!