Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2012 01:00

VNXe 3100 shared folders and windows drive mapping problem

We have a problem with disappearing drive maps with windows xp using shared folders from VNXe 3100. Sometimes they work and sometimes you might need at least a few log off / logins to make them appear again. Any ideas where the problem might be? Drive mapping is done via vb script in login and home folder mapping comes from AD userprofile setting.

4 Posts

July 10th, 2012 00:00

Could this be some weird dns problem? I use fqdn as the share address when mapping the drives but I've noticed that netbios name does not always work, if I ping it that usually helps to get access. The shares used to be on a 2008 R2 server and it never had this problem.

3 Posts

July 10th, 2012 06:00

Interesting to note I am not the only one seeing this issue.

We have a CIFS share setup on our VNXe3100.

The file server is part of my domain, not a stand alone.

Users who are accessing the CIFS share who are on a domain computer/laptop using domain credentials never have a problem.

Users who are trying to access the CIFS share via a non-domain computer/laptop using domain credentials suffer with an unreliable connection.

We use Windows 7 primarily, as does our partner company (who has access to a specific share on our system, again, using AD credentials).

The error we get is a generic one ' access denied ' while trying to map the drive. If we put in incorrect credentials, we get an appropriate username/password error. The device is pingable.

I would be interested in any resolution options as well...

1 Message

August 16th, 2012 23:00

This problem was caused by nic teaming with load balancer enabled. KB article emc228654

No Events found!