Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 5th, 2014 02:00

VNXe SDK

Hi!

I am looking for any SDK for VNXe 3200.

As I understand, there is only UIM CLI interface for this version of VNXe.

So, If I want to get any information about VNXe storage from Java or .NET application, I need to install UIM CLI on target machine.

And then call UIM CLI functions, get responses in CSV or table format, parse this response and so on.

Thereby it takes a lot of time to write wrappers for parsing UIM CLI commands and responses.

Are there any other ways to get this information?

Any "real" SDK (.NET assemblies or other) for VNXe?

8.6K Posts

May 14th, 2014 09:00

correct

On the new VNXe3200 there is also going to be a REST based API which isnt public yet.

For Information on that I would suggest to work through the EMC Technology Connect program.

13 Posts

December 23rd, 2014 07:00

Hi, any news on REST based API since March? Figured I try the forums as we don't get much/any responses on this particular topic from our EMC Technology Connect program manager. The questions are avoided and I am getting strong impression that this API is still nothing but a vaporware. Can you confirm?

8.6K Posts

December 23rd, 2014 08:00

Hi,

I can assure you that the REST API is there on the 3200 - it just isnt supported publicly yet.

If you were to look closely at the communication between a VNXe3200 and UniSphere Central for example you would see it using REST.

Rainer

13 Posts

December 23rd, 2014 08:00

Hi, Rainer.

Thanks for the note. Sure, internal API might be there - but this topic is specifically about SDK (which stands Software Development Kit).

I guess I am pretty upset since REST API was advertized to us heavily almost 1 year ago as "the way to go", and now a year later we still have no REST API SDK available to move forward with to develop the integration.

Do you have any idea for how much longer this API will remain internal only?

8.6K Posts

December 23rd, 2014 11:00

Hi,

I understand. My response was just to clarify that its not vaporware.

I would suggest to work directly with your partner contact at EMC corporate to try to get early access to the REST API.

Rainer

No Events found!