Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2016 07:00

VNXe3300 Shares

Hi,

Please can you help? We've installed a VNXe3300 and we are able to create shared directories and map to the directories via windows mapped drives.

What I can't seem to do is to create shares in the sub directories?

for example

\\FileServer\Offices - file shared created on VNX3300

\\FileServer\offices\nick

How do I share the folder called Nick? so it can be accessed directly?

\\fileserver\nick

I hope this makes sense. The issue is we have several windows file servers that we are looking to migrate the data from to the VNXe3300.

Thanks

Nick

28 Posts

January 22nd, 2016 10:00

There are two steps needed to create additional file system shares on the VNXe3300 in your environment.

Let's assume the \\FileServer\Offices share is available and accessible by your host/client. You should also be able to see this share listed under the storage resource details section in the Unisphere interface.

1. From your host/client, access the \\FileServer\Offices share and create additional directories for your new shares. So you would create a new directory for your Nick share to use, let's use Example as the directory name here.
  2. Navigate back to the Unisphere interface, and create a new share in your storage resource details page. In the Share Wizard, you'll see a field for Local Path - this is the field where you enter the directory path to use in the Shared Folder directory structure. So you would enter \\FileServer\Offices\Example for the Nick share here.VNXe3300_Share_Wizard.jpg
  3. Once you have the share created, you'll see the Shares tab update with the new share and you should then be able to connect to the newly created share from your host/client using the Export Path provided.VNXe3300_Shares_view.jpg

2 Posts

January 29th, 2016 07:00

Thank you very much for the detailed reply.

Many Thanks

Nick

No Events found!