Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 1st, 2016 03:00

how to create mirroview port

my on site have two vnx 5400 systems.so i configured block and file level.i want to do block luns replicate to secondary vnx 5400 system.

first vnx 5400 system spa mirrorview fc port connected to secon vnx 5400 system spa mirror view port.same as the spb.plz see pictures.

so i want to configure mirror view.please advice.what is the best method to replicate lun?block port.JPG.jpgmirroe-ini.JPG.jpg

4.5K Posts

August 2nd, 2016 09:00

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

glen

65 Posts

July 13th, 2016 23:00

Hello,

First you should determine the type of mirroring (Synchronous or Asynchronous) which best suits you, and if you choose Async, you'll need to create a Reserved LUN Pool.

Very useful MirrorView info can be found in this KB article: https://support.emc.com/kb/303786 (CLARiiON and VNX: Where do I find information or "How to's" for MirrorView?), as well as in the MirrorView knowledgebook: https://support.emc.com/docu32906_MirrorView_Knowledgebook:_Releases_30_%C2%96_33_-_A_Detailed_Review.pdf?language=en_US

Adham

66 Posts

July 14th, 2016 22:00

fc direct attached(vnx to vnx).so initiator page host name unknown.so i need to register manually or what?

4.5K Posts

July 22nd, 2016 09:00

Have you run the Mirrorview Wizard? That should configure all the necessary ports and registrations between the two arrays.

glen

66 Posts

July 22nd, 2016 22:00

this mirror port registaring auto or manually?

I want to do my vnx5400 luns replicate to other vnx5400(same site direct fc attached)

plz send step by step plz.

now vnx 5400 direct attached to other vnx 5400.direct connect with mirror port.

block port.JPG.jpg

so after connecting i saw this information under initiator tab.

mirroe-ini.JPG.jpg

so what are the next steps?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

July 23rd, 2016 05:00

i assume you connected SPA0 to SPA0 and SPB0 to SPB0, i also assume that both VNX5400 are in the same Unisphere Domain ?

1) validate that MirrorView connections are logged-in one more time. In Unisphere go to Data Protection > Mirrors, on the right select "Manage Mirror Connections"

managemirrorconnections.png

2) Configure Write Intent Log,  it's not a must have but you should strongly consider it. (if you have the drives and can meet requirements. If you are going to use MirrorView/A you will need to create RLP (reserved lun pool) .Read the MirrorView Knowledge book for more details.

https://www.emc.com/collateral/hardware/white-papers/h2417-mirrorview-know-cx-series-flare-wp-ldv.pdf

3) At this point you are ready to create mirrorview pairs. Decide if you need to use consistency group functionality, where you group multiple LUNs into one group so they can be synced and fractured at the same time (important for application consistency, for database for example.)

No Events found!