Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2014 03:00

how to extend a replicated filesystem ?

hi,

I want to extend a replicated filesystem from 2.5To to 5To and i have some question:

- the extension is like an extension of a standard fs ?

- must i extend the fs destination two ?

2 Intern

• 

2.1K Posts

December 11th, 2014 21:00

hi zakaria,

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "VNX Family Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

1.2K Posts

December 12th, 2014 12:00

If you have an active replication session between the source and target, you don't need to stop or even pause your replication.  When extending the source filesystem, the control station notifies the destination filesystem to extend as well.  So, to answer your question - yes, extending the source filesystem automatically calls an extension of the destination.  Be sure to check the space in the pools on the destination side, to ensure you have enough disk space on the destiation VNX as well!

You can perform the extension from the Unisphere GUI or from the Control Station CLI - use which ever method is most family to you.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

7 Posts

April 21st, 2015 00:00

Hi Karl,

Extending file system on source is not extending on the target side. Could please let me know what could be the issue. There is sufficient space on that target array.

Regards

Sushma

1.2K Posts

April 21st, 2015 06:00

What errors are you seeing on the destination side?  That would indicate the error.  You might start with 'nas_task  -list' on the remote system, to see if there is an error message related to the extension or replication.  If there is an errored or failed task, you can get more information on it with 'nas_task -info '.

No Events found!