Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2010 06:00

unisphere for CX3 arrays

hi.

I was watching a nice video about unisphere  here:

http://www.emcstorageinfo.com/2010/06/manage-san-nas-storage-using-emc.html

I've  been trying to find out the requirements about what you need to use unisphere for our EMC CX3 arrays. We have several, all at flare 26.

Is it enaugh to just upgrade the flare and install unisphere on a management station?

Johannes

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

July 5th, 2010 06:00

i have a feeling that flare 30/unisphere will only be available on CX4 line.

2.1K Posts

July 19th, 2010 10:00

According to my notes from the EMC World presentation on this you should be able to use the Off Array version of UniSphere Manager to connect to arrays as far back as FLARE 19. You won't get all the features, but you will get the new (improved function and performance) interface.

It is possible things have changed since then, but that's how the question was answered in May.

46 Posts

July 21st, 2010 13:00

Unisphere can be used for management on all CLARiiON systems in the domain (Mixed) running FLARE Release 19 or above. Older FLARE releases can still only use the features that their version supports. Mixed domains consist of a CLARiiON domain master running at least FLARE Release 30, other CLARiiON systems running a minimum of FLARE Release 19, and Celerra systems running NAS 6.0 or above can be added to the storage domain and be managed by Unisphere.

No Events found!