Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 1st, 2014 08:00

Foglight for Virtualization 7.1 Enterprise Edition

What is the best way to get a report detailing: IOPS used per VM on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. I am using Foglight for Virtualization 7.1 Enterprise Edition. This is what I received from Dell Support as an answer to my request:

"We have investigated this and found that the solution  is not available out of the box, this metric is part of vBundle-1 cartridge as stated in Knowledge Article 89492.  Unfortunately we managed to determine this feature was not added in vFog 7.1 actually the  vBundle-1 cartridge no longer works with vFog 7.1 version. In order to meet you needs I would like to encourage you to visist our Foglight Community where there are many experts who may have experience in this area and can offer suggestions on how to design and develop a solution to meet your requirements. The Foglight community is located here: http://communities.quest.com/community/foglight"

Does anyone has a workaround for this problem.

June 3rd, 2014 09:00

I suspect Gaston was talking about selecting virtual machines

This is when you select to add a view

You can also drag/drop all your VMs from the right pannel

Golan

June 2nd, 2014 08:00

Hi Camghar,

You should be able to create a custom report. You do not need the vBundle cartridge for that.

The first step is to create the custom report.

1. Click on Reports 
  2. Select Build a Custom Report
  3. Use all data
  4. Expand VMware, select Virtual Machines
  5. Select Table view, then Next.
  6. Here you can choose the metrics, you will need at least: 
    1. Name
    2. Storage/Datastore Iops - Metric
  7. Click Next, then configure columns, then Finish
  8. You should see a report named "My Report 1", you can rename it to something that makes sense to you.
  9. Hit run to see the report.

For more information on how to create a custom report check this Link

Now you should be able to run your report selecting a desired time range : last 24 hours, last 7 days or last Month. This report can even be automated (more information here)

I hope this helps,

Gaston.

4 Posts

June 3rd, 2014 09:00

Gaston,

I followed your steps to the letter. However, when i expand VMware in step 4 to select Virtual Machine and i do select and VM machine then the Table View is greyed out and i can only use the table view when i select the entire VMware directory and at that point is not greyed out. At that point the report does not generate because it takes too long to return the page. I tried to generate the report in Excel but i am not able to select one individual machines. I do have admin rights to the console.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,

-Chems

June 16th, 2014 07:00

That is correct, thanks for the clarification Golan. 

I hope that answers your question Camghar.

Gaston.

No Events found!