Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2010 17:00

Cannot reply

ky, I seen your note to mods with something to do with a christopher, and while signing in a christopher popped up in the log in box before I typed my login info.

I also cannot reply to any post, and that is why I had to make another.

37 Posts

April 16th, 2010 17:00

I'm trying with IE-8 and can  at least type something as firefox I cannot reply because theres no cursor.

Also there was no christopher in the login box. and just noticed that this IE-8 was not sandboxed. I will try firefox unsandboxed and see what happens.

37 Posts

April 16th, 2010 18:00

With IE-8 sandboxed or not I can read and reply  what seems like a week later, but with firefox being boxed or not nothing. It seems like this new forum does not like my firefox. IE-8 is so slow but at least I can read todays posts next week.

Please forgive me for interrupting this forum with my problems, I only posted to not only see if anyone else is haveing problems but to let the mods know that there seems to be a problem to some (me) with there new forum. Once again Please forgive.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

don't worry.... no problem in your posting here...

if the dell forum keeps "improving", we may soon have to place a "RIP" sign on it :emotion-5:

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

the christopher issue... that many (all?) users, when try try to sign-in, find their own e-mail address replaced by christopher_beach@dell.com 's , is really freaky.   despite many people reporting it, we have yet to get any response from a moderator.

as for no visible/blinking cursor in FF, i've experienced that as well.   see if you can use your mouse to move to a place you want, and then, even though no cursor appears, you should be able to start typing there.

i've also noted that the spell-check in IE is not working for me.

we all long for the "good 'ol days"

37 Posts

@ky331, we be the same. I guess you posted while I was trying to write. I hope someone looks into this. 

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

April 16th, 2010 20:00

OK...I replaced Christophers login with mine and was able to get on.  Everything is extremely slow (shades of dialup). Will see if this reply posts and perhaps we can carry on. Still using IE7. This has been going on for a good 24 hours now.

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

April 17th, 2010 00:00

Hello,

I am having same problem. After many attempt to get to discussion forum, I was presented with "christopher_Beach@dell.com!!

I now log again with my account and very slow. I ardeously typed a question all just disappeared. That must have gone to Christopher, I suppose.

The new format of this discussion forum is extremely slow. I hope this get fixed so we will be back with what we are use to.

Regards

44 Posts

April 17th, 2010 01:00

FWIW : I'm posting this using Firefox (no cursor though).

The website still loads impossibly slow, even when using Opera with Turbo enabled. :emotion-40:

What I don't get is : when visiting the forums (just for reading) I'm logged in but when I want to reply to a topic I have to reenter my email and password (I got this infamous "christopher" email as well).

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

April 17th, 2010 06:00

Hey all.

if this doesn't prove the maxim, "if it aint broke, don't fix it", then nothing will.

the same thing happened last time dell offered a major upgrade to its forum... and its happening again now.

things running slow as molasses.

and then, all these bugs.   it's my understanding that this (and the previous) forum's software was "significantly" tested before being brought online... perhaps the testers were sleeping...

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

April 17th, 2010 06:00

The "Christopher" login is gone this morning. I'm sure things will improve over the next few days.  It will just take a bit of patience.  Until then if you are having a virus or spyware problem and have a log to be read on the Malware Removal forum, I suggest that you post at SpywareHammer or one of the other forums that handles logs.

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

April 17th, 2010 09:00

Saturday the 17th Mid Morning:

The good news is:  the pages come up "quickly", as compared to the molassas mode of the last few days.

The bad news is:  I had  to sign in again when I added this reply. But hey...I was able to sign in and did not get the dreaded error message about my request not being able to be fulfilled. :emotion-15:

Any way you look at it fellow forum members...this is real progress! :emotion-2:

Seriously Dell, work out these last few bugs and then leave it alone...still much better than we had before.

No Events found!