Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2009 20:00

ComboFix Help! ComboFix Won't Uninstall.

I recently installed ComboFix and I'm having problems uninstalling it. I no longer need ComboFix as I've found a solution of how to fix the program without using ComboFix. When i try to uninstall the program by going to Start Menu > Run > ComboFix / Uninstall. The program opens and ask if i want to have the latest version. When the program has finished running through. I restart my Laptop but ComboFix still appears on my Laptop with all of it's components. If anyone knows how to remove the program from my laptop please help me. Many Thanks!

1 Message

December 21st, 2009 21:00

Wow. Finally, a lots of steps just to help u. ok. i had this program myself because i wanted to get this annoying virus out of my laptop. so i downloaded combofix. It works great! after i couldn't uninstall or get rid of it so i downloaded malwarebytes' anti-malware. and it was gone in a heartbeat. so try it out it also helps clean other bad virus. Good luck ! :emotion-1:  if anything email me

< ADMIN NOTE : Email id removed per privacy policy >

bcuz i hardly come here, but i did since i want to restore my computer like new again.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

December 22nd, 2009 04:00

As specified in the "Please Read This Before Posting..." at the top of this forum:

Please note that Combofix should NEVER be run unless requested

As you run ComboFix the Disclaimer is displayed:

It states that Combofix should not be run in an unsupervised environment. That means that someone trained in its use needs to be working with you. Otherwise, you should not have run the tool to begin with.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware does not remove ComboFix.  Consult your original helper for instructions on how to remove ComboFix and all the folders/files that it leaves on your computer.

No Events found!