Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2010 22:00

Dear Moderator

Regarding:  "Phishing/Spam or Missent Email from etc etc..."

You deleted my post; but you neglected to answer the question:  Where can I forward suspicious or possibly missent email, which represents itself as being "from Dell"?

I'm sure there must be others who frequent this Forum who, from time to time, have the same question.

I would also respectfully suggest that Dell, as a BUSINESS, re-think its definition of "personal information"...especially as it pertains to employee email addresses.  It seems to me a Dell employee's email address--AT DELL--would be a BUSINESS email address and not a PERSONAL one.  Is that not the case?

Anyhow, if I broke any rules, I apologize.  However, I would appreciate an answer to my legitimate question.  What I got--an email chastising me for "breaking the rules"--is not at all the courteous response I would expect from Dell, as a loyal customer of 10 years.

Thank you.  End of rant.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

July 30th, 2010 06:00

Actually, the post contained information about ANOTHER person's account/order, because your question was to alert dell about this other person's order information that you were receiving by mistake.

DELL-Robert P  had replied to the post, giving you a way to contact him.   Unfortunately, as Joe and BB noted, your post was automatically removed by Dell's "censoring" program, because of the information it revealed about the other person's order.

The TOS violation e-mail is dell's standard reply to ANY type of "issue".   Perhaps they could implement a more "polite" and easier-to-understand way of doing so.

I've recontacted Robert-P, and hopefully he will enter this thread "soon", to give you his contact information.

5.8K Posts

July 29th, 2010 23:00

Hi saganized:

I'm just a user like you, and saw your post earlier.

Your deleted post did indeed include some of your personal account info which compromised your privacy; a Dell Moderator replied, and requested you edit your post to delete this info (for your own safety) and also gave you instructions as to how to contact him privately about your issues. I suspect you did not see his replies, which did provide the info you requested. This thread was ultimately deleted, no doubt because of the privacy concern.

You will probably get a response here to your current post again tomorrow with all the info you require.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

July 30th, 2010 05:00

What I got--an email chastising me for "breaking the rules"--is not at all the courteous response I would expect from Dell, as a loyal customer of 10 years.

That was probably an automated reply because, as joe53 mentioned above, you posted personal account information that compromised your privacy.

The moderator who replied gave you Dell contact information. Your post remained for quite a few hours to give you time to edit out the personal information, but apparently you missed it so it was removed. We often have these problems because of time zones. I'm sure a Dell Liaison will be in contact with you again.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 30th, 2010 06:00

saganized,

Sorry for all the confusion.  If you would please contact me by private message, just click on my name in blue, then on the next page, click the envelope icon that says "send message", I'll see what I can do to clear this up.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

34 Posts

August 19th, 2010 12:00

@ joe53 ... Bugbatter ... ky331 ...  Thank you all for your input, based on what you said I now understand the rationale for removing the post, and apologize if I came across as being upset.  Which I was.  lol...  But as ky331 alluded, it was only the "tone" of the TOS email that got my goat.  No harm done (hopefully).  :emotion-5:

@ Dell_Robert P ...  I will contact you by PM; but at this late date I suspect it's already a moot point and has hopefully been cleared up with "the other party."  Thank you again, all of you.  :emotion-1:

PS  I should have acted on the assumption that the email was legitimate, customer-related contact, and acted accordingly.  I will in the future.

No Events found!