Start a Conversation

Unsolved

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 19th, 2019 10:00

LastPass leaked info

Google warned that users were exposed to a LastPass credential leak.

Some of the 16 million users were exposed to the risk of a credential leak that could leak the last password used for any website visited.

LastPass rolled out a patch on 9-13-19 so make sure you got the update automatically.  And probably change all those passwords managed by LastPass too...

5.8K Posts

September 19th, 2019 23:00

I would be interested to know what folks here think of the safety of password managers. I've never used one, because of my mistrust of unregulated 3rd parties, and of reports such as this. Yet respected sources still recommend them, largely because the usual alternative (same password at multiple sites) is more dangerous. I keep my sensitive passwords (less than a dozen, all different and written down elsewhere) in a ledger unlikely to be discovered in a home invasion.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

September 20th, 2019 05:00

My job recently told me to stop using dirty words in french as passwords.  So I change to chinese and that wasn't acceptable.  Point being that they have the ability to read what I use.  Passwords are not secure. Thats why current biometric face readers use 3D depth perception so that a picture of your face cannot be used.

ThatsMyFace is a company which uses two headshots to 3D print your face – fun gadget, right? But: their technology can be used to trick facial recognition systems.

Remember the latex faces from “Mission Impossible” agent Ethan Hunt wears to trick his opponents? They have become a reality (although they can’t be produced as fast as in the movies) thanks to 3D printing. Companies such as ThatsMyFace, based in Oregon, are already using 3D printing to create life-like representations of faces.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 20th, 2019 11:00

I don't like/use password managers either...

No Events found!