Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2008 14:00

McAfee Spyware Download Problems

I purchased a MacAfee Anti-spyware pkg. from Dell.  I cannot seem to get anyone to answer a simple question for me without charging me $42.79.

I clicked on the version : ESD McAfee MFE VS PLUS SUB 1U

I chose FTP rather than HTTPS because the screen indicated that this was the more commonly used mode.

I clicked "SAVE" rather than "RUN" as instructed IN RED on the screen.

After about 7 min. the screen said that the "download limit for this file had been reached"

I went to the Download Log where it listed my download as having been successfully completed.

My question is this....how do I know that the download was done correctly?  There is no icon nor evidence of this program in my files or list of programs.  How do I make sure it is "working"?  Is there a step I was supposed to complete following the download which I was not given instruction to do?  SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!  I am at my wit's end with these people.  NOBODY  will help me unless they can charge me another $47.  It's just a simple question.  For the amount of money I have paid these people to answer simple questions for me I could have purchased an entire new computer by now.

301 Posts

August 25th, 2008 21:00

It sounds like you downloaded the installer, but have not actually installed the program.  I am not sure where the installer is located, so you will need to locate it.  If you are unable to locate it please provide your operating system (vista, xp, etc), and the brower you used (IE, Firefox, etc). Usuaully, programs are downloaded to a downloads folder (on Vista, not sure if its the same for XP).  

Once you have located the installer, double click on it (then choose run)and then click on next until you get to finish.  Then click on finish.  This should fully install the program.   

No Events found!