Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2014 09:00

New Trojan and Windows License Key

I got hit by a malware trojan on 24th July 2014 which disabled all my windows pre-installed software. while malwarebytes which quarantined the malware but teh virus penetrated deep, killing my Dell Inspiron N3521 touch screen's ability uninstall anything or even install any application.

Now i want to format my machine but:

1. I dont have a windows license key

2. my windows recovery image is inaccessible and i fear, corrupt

3. while i do have my CD that accompanied my machine, i dont have all teh applications that came pre-loaded with my machine: cyberlink/ power2go etc.

how do i recover all the licenses? how do i know the virus is gone? 

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

July 26th, 2014 10:00

One-on-one Malware Analysis/Removal is no longer done at the Dell Forums.  

Please follow the directions at http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=12262.0 to register and post the requested DDS logs at spywarehammer.com ; there are expert helpers there who can "walk you through" procedures to analyze your system, and clean-up the infection.   All help provided there is FREE.   If you decide to go for help there, please wait for a response, and do NOT attempt to run any other scans/removers on your own --- do exactly what they instruct you to do, no more, no less.

The people at SpywareHammer should be able to help you get your machine running again, and determine that it's malware-free.   They may also be able to advise you on how to locate/re-obtain your pre-loaded software; if not, you can come back to the Dell forum (not the virus/spyware section at that point) to help [to the extent allowed] with obtaining your OEM software.

Good luck!

2.5K Posts

July 26th, 2014 22:00

A free license key, I don't think so!
No Events found!