Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2008 12:00

Qoobox Folder? Combofix related?

I don't know how long it's been there, but I just realized a few days ago that there's this Qoobox folder on my C drive. It looks to be where some Combofix stuff was at, although I haven't used Combofix in a really long time. I've tried to google info on it, but I've seen mixed explanations, with one saying it's the folder Combofix creates when its in use and some others treating it as a virus. So, I'm real unsure. Anybody know for sure what the Qoobox folder is?

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

December 14th, 2008 13:00

I will do some research on when we had you run ComboFix and reply when I have more information. Thank you for waiting patiently.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

December 14th, 2008 13:00

I cannot seem to locate the topic from when one of us had you run ComboFix. Were you being helped by someone at another site? If so, it would help if you could post a link to the topic.

43 Posts

December 14th, 2008 14:00

Yeah, ok sorry. It was not on this forum, but the last time I used it, it may have been over a year ago. I'm not sure when, but it was long time ago.

43 Posts

December 14th, 2008 16:00

Yeah, I tried that both as combofix /u and combofix.exe /u and I get an error message that says that Windows can't find the file. I'm going to try and find the forum though, but should I be worried about using the Internet where I use credit card or bank info?

Edit: I was just trying to search on this one forum (spywareinfoforum.com) that I use and found nothing. I actually think it's another forum that may no longer be on the web anymore, but I'll keep trying to remember.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

December 14th, 2008 16:00

It would have been your helper's responsibility to uninstall ComboFix correctly. Without seeing the topic, I cannot tell you which files/folders may have been missed. If you can remember the forum and your username, please let me know.

Otherwise, you can use a command prompt, and see if that takes care of it.

* Click Start then Run
* Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Notice the space between the X and the /u

43 Posts

December 15th, 2008 10:00

Well, should I post a HJT log in the Malware Removal forum, and see if my computer is clean and then that will give me an idea of whether or not I can just delete the Qoobox folder?

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

December 15th, 2008 11:00

I'd suggest DDS logs if you are going to post in the Malware Removal forum.

Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.

• Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

---------------------------------------------------
Please include the contents of the following logs by copying and pasting the text of each into your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt

No Events found!