Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 6th, 2012 21:00

Re-Activate McAfee Licence

Dear Team,

I have purchased dell inspiron laptop on November 12th 2012, and in that time I subscribed 15 months of McAfee Licence. 

When My laptop delivered to home at November 17th, I checked McAfee was activated Licence till Feb 2014(15months). 

Later My Windows 8 OS got corrupted. Now It is been repaired and re-installed windows 8 and working file.

Now I need to reactivate the McAfee Licence for remaining 14 months.

Please kindly help us.

Regards,

Nithya.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

December 6th, 2012 21:00

Hi Nithya,

Please use the Email address and the password which you have used at the time of subscription.

Use McAfee Website which would redirect you to log in page.

Once logged in click on "Download and Install".

Please reply if you have any further questions.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

December 29th, 2012 18:00

Hi,

You can contact Dell Mc Afee who would help you with the registration and Username/ password for future installation issues.

Please provide them the order details of the computer.

Contact # 1.800.937.2237 (US only).

Also refer How to recover your McAfee My Account password.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

December 6th, 2012 22:00

Hi Rajesh,

I have not created any McAfee account, and not given any email and password, this McAfee 15 months licence was pre installed to my laptop. When I start my laptop for first time McAfee was already activated for 15 months.

Regards,

Nithya

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 9th, 2012 16:00

Hi Nithya,

Quite strange that McAfee came pre-activated on your new system, not something I've come across before.

You have a couple of options available.

1. Try to recover your McAfee subscription: Contact McAfee Customer Service (they are the only ones with access to account information). You can do this by Instant Chat, Email or Phone. The service is FREE of charge.

http://service.mcafee.com/default.aspx

2. Install a FREE security setup: There are plenty of excellent free security tools available that are just as effective as their paid counterparts. If you decide to take this route, we can offer you advice, and help you choose the best tools to suit your needs.

2 Posts

December 28th, 2012 09:00

Im having the same issue with my alienware desktop that arrived in October. I recently upgraded to Windows 8 and the McAfee software that came preinstalled on my machine didn't migrate with the rest of the software, however as I didn't register it (because it was already installed and activated) I now can't log in to the McAfee site to download it again.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 31st, 2012 09:00

Hi  Have2laugh,

Do you need any further assistance with this?

No Events found!