Highlighted
bestis1980
2 Iron

Re: Trend micro antivirus

I agree with you Rim Shot. Trend Micro products can not compete with other great security companies. But its better than Microsoft Windows defender. I just to use another software instead of Trend Micro and if insist on using it, Don't worry about windows defender because windows defender is not comparable with even Rend Micro.

0 Kudos
Bugbatter
6 Gallium

bestis1980, you have posted to a topic that is over two years old.  Products change over the years.

Windows Insider MVP 2016 -

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2006-2016

Social Media and Community Professional

0 Kudos
ky331
5 Iridium

Okay, I realize a two-year old thread has been reopened here.   Nonetheless, I must take exception to one new statement by Bestis:   .

"But it [Trend Micro i]s better than Microsoft Windows defender".

Windows Defender is NOT an antivirus program!   (Microsoft Security Essentials, which includes its own "version" of Windows Defender, IS an antivirus program.)

Defender was/is NOT intended to replace an anti-virus program, rather, it is intended to supplement  "pure" anti-virus programs [well, if there is such a creature nowadays] by adding anti-"malware" protection.    Even today, Defender remains compatible with (i.e., can be run alongside of) many anti-virus programs [though some debate its merits].   For what it's worth, I am running Windows Defender along with Avast5, without experiencing any noticeable slowdowns/conflicts.

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), avast! v17 Free, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, IE11 & Firefox (both using WOT [IE set to WARN, FF set to BLOCK]), uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

0 Kudos
joe53
5 Tungsten

I agree with ky331.

My experience with Windows Defender in XP/sp3 has been excellent over the past 2 years. It has allowed nothing through, and promptly detects a lot of changes I make. I have never seen any incompatabilty between WD and any of the standalone defenses I use. (AVG will disable it, but then I don't use or recommend AVG, which objects to so many other programs). I have yet to find a better free antispyware program for XP.

A good review of the potential benefits of WD, by a security expert I respect, is here:
http://naut.homestead.com/files/Free/castner.html

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 7/sp1 (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 3.x Premium, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Same protection plus Windows Defender AV.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

0 Kudos