Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

April 12th, 2016 07:00

Updates 4/12/16 - Update Tuesday

DISCLAIMER:  This thread is currently "under construction", and will be edited for the remainder of today.   Please excuse any blank spaces or crossed-out "placeholders" for items expected to be announced.

Today is Microsoft Tuesday --- the SECOND Tuesday of the month --- on which Microsoft is expected to release its monthly cycle of Windows critical/security updates.   Based on previous history, they should become available at 1 P.M. [USA - Eastern Standard Time]

Please use Windows/Automatic Updates to determine which updates are applicable to your particular system.

85 Posts

April 23rd, 2016 14:00

That is in reference to "upgrading" to Windows 10. It is my understanding that updates cannot be delayed and must be allowed to download. If my understanding is in error, I stand corrected.

In fact, I do not have to accept that - I am currently reviewing my options to Windows 10.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

April 23rd, 2016 20:00

maryam, there is some information here:
A workaround to Turn Off Windows Update in Windows 10
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-in-windows-10

I've been using Windows 10 Pro since July, but I usually wait until the weekend following Patch Tuesday (or later) to download updates. I have made some of the changes described on the page at the link above. I have not had any problems.

No Events found!