Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2009 08:00

Viruses on my commputer.

So i have viruses on my computer and i am trying to run a scan off the internet but everytime i try and start the scan something pops up asking what program i want to use it on.  This also happeneds everytime i click to go on a program or application.  When i also press the microsoft word button and other applictation it says that it is not found.  Please help me.  Thanks.

10 Posts

this is what pops up every time i try and open something and it never opens the thing i want to be open becuase this pops up...

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

It sounds as if you have an infection that has suppressed .exe files.

You may need to upload some attachments of logs if your Notepad no longer works. Dell Community currently does not give members the option to attach files..

I suggest posting at SpywareHammer. There are instructions HERE for posting at SpywareHammer. The site has many Microsoft MVP's on staff and helpers there may be able to assist you sooner than we can here. If you cannot get Hijackthis to download or run, explain that in your post. The more information that you give regarding symptoms, the better.

Additional forums that offer malware removal can be found at this link in the recommended sites section on the left side of this page: http://hjt-data.trendmicro.com/hjt/analyzethis/index.php

Please post at only ONE so you do not tie up two or more helpers working on the same issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

September 1st, 2009 12:00

What happens if you select to open it with Symantec AntiVirus?

10 Posts

September 7th, 2009 17:00

its a anitvirus that i brought but it doesnt open becuase of those pop up i showed you. and now i cant even add another anit virus that i brought because of those pop ups asking what program to use.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

September 8th, 2009 14:00

Perhaps you have an infection that has suppressed .exe files.

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

September 11th, 2009 09:00

Well...you might start by following instructions...see Bugbatters post higher up in the thread !  :emotion-1:

10 Posts

September 11th, 2009 09:00

so how do i fix it?

No Events found!